• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could live in another time, when would it be?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
What? I thought the neo-cons were hell bent on world conquest. Now you're just confusing me.
Well, as Gore pointed out, the 1950s marked the beginning of the National Security State and perpetual war for a mythical perpetual peace.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Well, as Gore pointed out, the 1950s marked the beginning of the National Security State and perpetual war for a mythical perpetual peace.
Gore stole that from Samuel Huntington. The man just can't stop himself from taking credit for the work of others. Oh, and I'm telling Kant that you called perpetual peace a myth. See if he ever lets you into one of his lectures again.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
Reminds me of a conversation in "Day After Tommorow" about Nietzche.
That was the one with the bad weather, right?

raley

Reaction score
I would want to live sometime in Europe (I guess Italy) before a century or two before the advent of gunpowder. I would be high class and really educated and what not, and spent all my time pontificating philosophy and dueling people (Inigo Montoya style).

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to live in a time prior to the availability of antibiotics ?
Spend a night with Venus and the rest of your life with Mercury? No thanks.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Either the start of the 20th century in Sweden when Sweden had Norway and were about to attack Finland and Russia, and I would have been a powerful noble man like Lewenhaupt or Stenbock, sp I could have maked a change and attacked there poor little asses.

Or the 18th century and I would be Charles XII, When Sweden had all the baltic countries, Norway,Finland,parts of Germany, and we were a big powerful country that even Netherlands feared.

That was some sweet times...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd want to live in 1963. And be Terence Stamp.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Or clothing fora. I love you guys
lol8[1].gif
devil.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'd want to be 18 in 1955 so I could see Elvis, Johnny Burnette, Eddie C, Gene V, Collins Kids, Little Richard etc etc all in their heyday with the birth of rocknroll/rockabilly....

then I'd be about 21 in 1958 when the first Modernists came on the scene with their ivy league inspiration and listening to Jimmy Smith, Jimmy McGriff, Booker T, etc......

By 1963-4 I'd be 26/7 and rockin' out to the first wave of American garage bands like The Wailers and The Sonics and British Beat like The High Numbers (The Who), The Animals, The Kinks etc.....

By 1966 I'd be looking at all the current "mods' and thumbing my nose at them for being "poseurs" haha

By 1976 I'd be the oldest guy (39) seeing The Jam play live.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sometime when it was perfectly acceptable to walk around with a big ass sword and chop off people's heads for minor affronts... Feudal-Era Japan perhaps, or like viking raider times or whatever.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to be starting now, instead of turning down the homestretch.

As for the past? I'm a fan of modern amenities, but foregoing those, I'd shoot for mid-19th century New England, something near a good tavern outside of Boston. I think there was something in the water there.

Jill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Sometime when it was perfectly acceptable to walk around with a big ass sword and chop off people's heads for minor affronts... Feudal-Era Japan perhaps, or like viking raider times or whatever.
...or sometime when it was perfectly acceptable to walk around with a big ass...

So what? 17th century?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads