• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Hadn't looked at it that way, but that would actually be a fantastic scenario.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gaborik headed to the Habs?! dear god, that would make them THE fastest team in the league.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Gaborik is healthy about 40% of the time; he usually suffers from some undisclosed "lower body injury". The Habs "gain" would be the Wild's gain.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Toronto getting a second team? Would this double the misery of the fan base before another serious cup run? On the other hand, it could very well double the number of top draft picks playing in the city for the forseeable future.
I heard about this yesterday...It seems to be just speculation at this point but I think it could work. I think they should relocate an American team rather than go the expansion route. Atlanta would be my first choice.
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Gaborik headed to the Habs?! dear god, that would make them THE fastest team in the league.
I love the way the habs play. I prefer watching pure skill over brute force.

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I think they should relocate an American team rather than go the expansion route. Atlanta would be my first choice.

Seriously, is everyone living in the North America happy with the way your leagues are organized? No-one would like to see a league pyramid with relegation and promotion opportunitie instead of franchise system?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WN2
Seriously, is everyone living in the North America happy with the way your leagues are organized? No-one would like to see a league pyramid with relegation and promotion opportunitie instead of franchise system?
I know the relegation system works well in Europe, but I wouldn't want to see it in the NHL. I think it would dilute the talent pool more than it already is.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the relegation system works well in Europe, but I wouldn't want to see it in the NHL. I think it would dilute the talent pool more than it already is.

I would love to see a relegation system in North America. Sadly, it'll never happen here because it would decrease the value of franchises across the NHL--drastically in the case of teams that are worth loads but never perform, ie. Toronto. It would be a natural way for teams like Nashville to drop down the divisions and for stronger hockey markets to see their teams move up.

But the absolutely essential improvement (that is also not going to happen) would be to make scheduling fair. It's bizarre to rank teams based on points at the end of the year when those points were tallied according to different schedules.

For example, Phoenix has to play eight games each against the others in their division: San Jose, Dallas, LA, and Anaheim. Of those, only LA is a weak team. But Detroit gets to play its 32 divisional games against St. Louis, Nashville, Columbus, and Chicago, all of whom are rubbish.

Something like a 24-team league with three games against each other team resulting in a 69-game schedule sounds about right. (Bottom three being relegated, of course.
smile.gif
)

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Martin Brodeur is a living-hockey-god. Just got another SO tonight
worship.gif
. He is the best I may possibly see in my lifetime. The only other goalie right now that may come close to his stats is Henrik Lundqvist.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YEA!!!!! THE FLYERS WON THEIR FIRST GAME!!!!
laugh.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
YEA!!!!! THE FLYERS WON THEIR FIRST GAME!!!!
laugh.gif

And Lupul has finally scored some points. My fantasy team needs more production from him...

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And Lupul has finally scored some points. My fantasy team needs more production from him...

Ahahaha, ****** luck for Erik Cole last night. Turning point of the game right there.

I can't believe Canucks have managed to score 6 goals twice so far only a handful of games in. Last season they scored 6 goals only THREE times the entire season. Lack of offense? Au Contraire... Way for the secondary scoring to step up.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ yea your right.... they dont even need sundin
tounge.gif

and Paul Kariya is the man!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Ahahaha, ****** luck for Erik Cole last night. Turning point of the game right there. I can't believe Canucks have managed to score 6 goals twice so far only a handful of games in. Last season they scored 6 goals only THREE times the entire season. Lack of offense? Au Contraire... Way for the secondary scoring to step up.
I know...Even though the Oilers lost the game, I thought they actually played fairly well. They didn't go down without a fight and Hemsky had his best game of the year. At any rate, the game was closer than the score indicated.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l_d21bc4d9ba1e2e87e7b4877d51785c44.jpg

Had to post this up! My new GRAF G35 ULTRA ice hockey skates!

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool skates. Aren't Grafs heavy? They used to be when they first came out (many moons ago). I've used CCM for just about my entire time skating. I always thought they were the best...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads