• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I know nothing.

quinlan

Reaction score
One thing how do sneakers work in with Jeans I cant seem to find anything I'm probably missing something sorry.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quinlan

As far as casual goes, I'm still a bit lost. Its about to get warm. and by warm I mean hot. And by hot I mean I sweat when I complete simple tasks such as breathing. So since having all of my sweat glands removed is impossible what should I do? I dont plan on spending hours upon hours outside but seriously things randomly pop up so I never know exactly when I'm going to have to spot some tumbling or go on a picnic date.... ok I haven't actually done that but if an attractive girl wanted to its not like I would say no.

Linen, a nice short sleeve. Light colors in the sun.

I sweat like a pig. I sweat at the thought of a lukewarm day. Its a curse.

Here is an example, although its dark:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...olor=Dark-blue

For your budget you might consider ebay.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Linen shirts and also linen suits look great in the summer...
You can wear also white trousers and chinos with a pair of todd or loafers..
I'm not great at dishing casual advice because apart from my linen suit and linen white trousers , i don't do casual very well.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like the typical Style Forum scenario, which is either dress up or dress, er, trendy. Suits probably won't work, for coaching anyway. You know something - that suits on you won't look like they do on Clinton Kelly. It really is a classic image consulting scenario, with a unique situation and importance of perceptions.

Even without knowing much about you or your goals (like the regular job not described), a few tips can be given. Linen can be good, yes, but without patterns (on shirts), it might look rumpled and fuel the "sloppy" impression associated with large men. Layering is not advisable, for it adds more bulk. Careful use of color (not too dark, not too bright) and patterns (not horizontally striped) is the best way to slim down when not dressed up. For example, a lightweight sweater with a contrast collar, though that particular one is a bit showy. The same idea applies to polo shirts, though the sleeve length puts some focus on the "gut." Button-front shirts are more slimming, at least if patterned to avoid the "spare tire" effect. Lightweight undershirts help with sweating and lessen the tempation to wear shorts, an item that contributes to the overweight, slovenly perception. Quality shoes also counter the perception, somewhat.

Speaking of that, there's no way of avoiding it. 40 pounds overweight is bad, especially at age 22. It most likely will get worse, say, if you stop exercising for any length of time, and eventually it will harm your health. If, for example, poor sleep or thyroid dysfunction is contributing to poundage, you probably can make good progress with little effort. If it's merely diet, then you need to make harder changes. If 40 pounds feel like too much work, why not aim to lose only 20 pounds? It would increase your appeal to women, too. A place like the Body Consciousness sub-forum could help you do it.

Finally, since it probably would be a problem even if you lost a ton of weight, if there are any quality jeans to fit your legs and don't require tailoring the waist (tricky for denim), the Streetwear sub-forum could identify them for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads