• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I critiqued my boss's clothing yesterday, and still have a job

OinkBoink

Reaction score
Quote:
I am friends with the CEO. I have worked with him over 11 years. We live in the same neighborhood. We have been on vacations together. I guess you could say that I am in the inner circle of the company. We usually pull no punches when speaking to each other.

I can't help but wonder what he would think of this thread. Maybe he actually signed up, given his newfound interest in fashion, and recognizes your story...

Closer

Reaction score

Quote:

I can't help but wonder what he would think of this thread. Maybe he actually signed up, given his newfound interest in fashion, and recognizes your story...

Doesn't matter. I have not talked bad about him or said anything that I haven't said to him verbally.

He is the smartest person I know. I like and respect him very much. I owe a great deal of my success to him and the opportunities he has created for me.

If have to follow someone, don't follow an idiot.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You realize of course that he is improving his attire because he is going to sell the company to a bunch of investors, right?

Just sayin'

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am the CEO, ahahahaha
:D

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is his favorite movie?

it is actually Pirates of Silicon Valley, a made for TV movie about Bill Gates and Steve Jobbs. We work at a software company.

I just watched that last week again. Good film treatment of real life events (R.I.P. Steve Jobs)

Well since you are part of the inner circle the respect between you and your boss is mutual. I'm sure he's probably very appreciative of your assistance. Perhaps suggest he snap some 'before and after' photos of his journey as his wardrobe develops.

cronicmole

Reaction score
If you said you and your boss were good friends in the initial post..then there would be no premise for you thread.

OinkBoink

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I have not talked bad about him or said anything that I haven't said to him verbally.
He is the smartest person I know. I like and respect him very much. I owe a great deal of my success to him and the opportunities he has created for me.
If have to follow someone, don't follow an idiot.

I wasn't wondering what he would think about what you said about him, but just about what you said. You come off as "not management material".

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Software company?

I would recommend the CEO to wear blazer/sport coat with oxford shirts and jeans.

Closer

Reaction score

I just watched that last week again. Good film treatment of real life events (R.I.P. Steve Jobs)
Well since you are part of the inner circle the respect between you and your boss is mutual. I'm sure he's probably very appreciative of your assistance. Perhaps suggest he snap some 'before and after' photos of his journey as his wardrobe develops.

Yeah that movie is quite good considering it was made for TV. So cool how Gates sold IBM an operating systemhe did not even have. Also love how it shows what an artist Jobbs was.

He was very appreciative of the advice. He actually liked the comparisons to a waiter, a limo driver etc. It really brought home the reasoning behind my advice.

Last edited:

Closer

Reaction score

I wasn't wondering what he would think about what you said about him, but just about what you said. You come off as "not management material".

Wow. I cannot help but feel attacked by your statement. I felt compelled to do some research and read the 29 pots of the man that I do not know that just decided to attack me.

All of your posts are about costco, jos a banks, mailorder asian tailors and such.

Do you remember this post, where you were looking for cheap suit options and I tried, in good faith, to help you:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/275074/just-how-bad-is-jos-a-bank

Anyway, I hope you are a young man that is just starting out in the business world and have great success in your future. I actually just had a moment of silence and honestly prayed that if you work hard you will have much success in life. I also just gave you the benefit of the doubt, decided that you would want to apoligize, then graciously excepted that apology. Not only did I accept it, I humbly said, "Don't worry about it. This kind of **** happens all of the time on the Internet".

Last edited:

Closer

Reaction score

Software company?
I would recommend the CEO to wear blazer/sport coat with oxford shirts and jeans.

That is a good suggestion. I think it would be perfect for the industry that we design software for. I often feel overdressed when meeting clients. For some reason he doesn't want to do jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads