• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to achieve these Spring 2011 looks on a budget?

polishprancer

Reaction score
How to achieve these Spring 2011 looks on a budget?
Been searching around to find clothes that have a similar look, anyone got any suggestions
Thanks
biggrin.gif

2f2ed8de.jpg

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how much is your "budget?" $2,000 could be considered a "budget."

nothing about those looks is that extravagant. check pattern shirts can be had at LEC for dirt cheap. jeans on the left are ugly anyway, so just size down on some 501s if you want raw on a budget. shoes are ugly on both looks, get some cons or vans or keds or something like that.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lands End Canvas (canvas.landsend.com) I think they are actually having a big spring sale right now. That is your absolute best to get this look for dirt cheap. Pretty quality stuff too, I have some things by them. I'm a fan.

Also check Uniqlo if you are near NYC, or H&M. Maybe even J Crew (on sale) or Gap.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Lands End Canvas (canvas.landsend.com) I think they are actually having a big spring sale right now. That is your absolute best to get this look for dirt cheap. Pretty quality stuff too, I have some things by them. I'm a fan.

Also check Uniqlo if you are near NYC, or H&M. Maybe even J Crew (on sale) or Gap.

i guess he's in poland
smile.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
j. crew and whole foods

laugh.gif

But really, J.Crew. Not sure if you can do an entire outfit for under $100, but it shouldn't break your account..

also check out some stuff by Obey which is carried by a few SF affiliates and are at a lower price point to comparable designs from other manufacturers.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BR and Gap discount pretty heavily. Most of their stuff is not worth retail but when they start discounting sometimes you get alot for not much. Most people here would scoff at those two brands, but in reality alot of people own at least a few pieces in their closet. Their stuff has been improving a bit (but they do seem to be less crazy about the discounts now) The only downside is that they appear more to be copiers than innovators.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads