• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How is this outfit - pics

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wing8tes_qw
I have these strada for dressy shoes (fake prada?) from marshalls

http://cgi.ebay.com/STRADA-FIRENZE-M...QQcmdZViewItem

I have a black belt kenneth cole but its kinda worn out.

I may hit nordstrom rack for some new shoes and belt. I was thinking a blazer could finish off my look, but I didn't really see anything. I'm in no rush though...

I don't think Diddy would wear those shoes even if you pay him.

wing8tes_qw

Reaction score
My pair is in good shape, and they are several years old (3 or 4). Those kind of shoes were everywhere - still are actually.

I bet if Details didn't put out that article not many folks would think anything odd about "square toes" or "going out shirts"

wing8tes_qw

Reaction score
come to think of it, I used to get a lot of compliments on those. I already know they kill my outfit.

mrchapel

Reaction score
My pair is in good shape, and they are several years old (3 or 4). Those kind of shoes were everywhere - still are actually.

I bet if Details didn't put out that article not many folks would think anything odd about "square toes" or "going out shirts"

Perhaps, but not within the realm of this forum. Squared-toed shoes are, IMO, probably the worst invention in men's shoes. A rounded, more chiseled toe not only looks better and balances much better. Again, this is my opinion, and most here would agree with me, although I will leave them to provide their own views on this issue.

I'd suggest checking out Allen-Edmonds, especially with the sales going on at Nordstrom. You might also check out Nordstrom Rack for deals, as sometimes they can be had.

As far as the tuck or untuck, IMO tucking looks much better. Good luck with the interviews!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I doubt people who stay in this main forum read Details.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tucked looks better, IMO. Also, I cannot understand why you should need to untuck when you go to a club. This habit of "dressing down" to look cool when you go to a club does not appeal to me. However, I guess that the issue is that I generally do not go to the kind of clubs where people hang around with their shirts untucked (often looking like dorks trying very hard not to look dorky...).
(I recently ended up at such a place; one of the old traditional cocktail bars here in town changed its management some time ago and I was taken by surprise one night walking in their for a drink and finding that the new crowd hanging out there was of the untucked sort; I guess that I looked a bit out of place with my dark blue bespoke suit, tie, pocket square and Tramezza oxfords, but I didn't feel uncomfortable and I can assure that I did not feel tempted to untuck).
(Now, I am no purist and there are a few of my shirts that I actually prefer to wear untucked)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it looks fine either way.

That's not true most of the time, or for most people (I personally almost always have to tuck for instance, to appear presentable). But I think the OP has the right build to look OK with the shirt untucked. Obviously, be situation-appropriate with the choice, but in terms of how the two looks appear, IMO they're both fine.

Oh, one more thing - if you've got two top buttons undone and the shirt untucked, I think it adds a bit of visual balance to undo the bottom button of the shirt too (provided it's not so high that you expose your belly, which it doesn't seem to be in your case).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads