• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I get hair like this?

xilulus

Reaction score
content

I want hair that is spiked and has good hold, but isn't shiny or glossy or greasy at all. What should I use?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the style, but a pomade will give you the best results to achieve hair like that. Aveda or American Crew are good brands to look into.

xilulus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Not a huge fan of the style, but a pomade will give you the best results to achieve hair like that. Aveda or American Crew are good brands to look into.
I have American Crew pomade, but it gives a bit of a wet look unfortunately.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xilulus
I have American Crew pomade, but it gives a bit of a wet look unfortunately.
Then try Aveda. I used to use their sculpting clay all the time and it always gave me a textured look with no sheen whatsoever.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ooh, I know this one. Ask your barber to finish off your next haircut with the tapering shears -- the things that look like a combination of a comb and scissors. It will create three or four different lengths of hair, all pushing against one another for that electrified bedhead look. ^^

Of course, with all things, it looks best if you've got really thick or densely-packed hair to begin with.

For product, I'd try Toni & Guy's little Bedhead push-up wax stick. I forget the name, but it's the best thing they offer, and also the longest-lasting. It might look a little, well, waxy, at first, but that fades throughout the day. Just swirling it around the roots would help w/ that.

Good luck

Barnabus

Reaction score
blow dry after showering then use something to keep it from falling flat

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recommend you try D:Fi Extreme hold. Its a great product and doesn't make your hair feel all greasy like pomade. It smells awesome to.

GregoryM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by najpie
i used to use american crew 'Fiber' and Bedhead. They make the hair more matte than shiny and more sticky than crispy.

+1

After you shower blow dry then use American Crew Fiber to get a dry look. And definitely ask for the texturizing scissors when you get your haircut

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads