• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High School Reunions - been to one?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I completely forgot about high school reunions...I think my 5 year was supposed to happen sometime in 2008...I guess either I just wasn't invited or no one gave a ****. I'm guessing the latter. That's what happens when everyone from high school is on Facebook and we can see what other people are up to without going through the hassle of actually meeting in person. I guess there's always the 10 year when all the girls are older, flabbier, and have kids and the guys are fat and work in a factory somewhere...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DDSJohnny
slap the "dr." tag in front of my name and maybe now i can bang that ex-girlfriend instead of settling for a *******. i'll keep you posted whether $240K of education is worth something or not...

Seriously, if you think this is a plan for more action, get used to handjobs. From the hands of a "Dr." of DDS. What we are intrinsically, rarely changes. And it never changes just because we get a certain degree.

I have yet to attend any of mine. My 20th is coming up in a few years. If I'm in that part of the continent, I'll attend. If not, no big deal.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
And it never changes just because we get a certain degree.
I beg to differ. Lots of women will fall all over a doctor. Of course, they're typically the type you wouldn't want to marry and would go anywhere they see $ signs not just the Dr.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I beg to differ. Lots of women will fall all over a doctor. Of course, they're typically the type you wouldn't want to marry and would go anywhere they see $ signs not just the Dr.

I will give you that. I've seen similar things in action many times. As anyone that works in health care knows, quite a few of the young women are hoping to get their "Mrs." degree. But a person rarely goes from g33k to playa just because they start to make (or people think they do) good cash. Take the cash or social standing away, and you're still basically the same person you always were. Usually. In rare cases, people do actually change.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will give you that. I've seen similar things in action many times. As anyone that works in health care knows, quite a few of the young women are hoping to get their "Mrs." degree. But a person rarely goes from g33k to playa just because they start to make (or people think they do) good cash. Take the cash or social standing away, and you're still basically the same person you always were. Usually. In rare cases, people do actually change.

you asshole, can a man not dream?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
you asshole, can a man not dream?

You can still dream. Be that rare case.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My graduating class had 700 people. I think I know a few hundred of them, but have only kept in contact (by contact I mean at least occasional interaction) with 50-100.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
My graduating class had 700 people. I think I know a few hundred of them, but have only kept in contact (by contact I mean at least occasional interaction) with 50-100.

Holy hell. My class had like 900, 780-ish of which actually graduated. I've kept up with 1 person.

Once I got on facebook I got pinged by around a dozen old classmates, some good friends, some I have no idea who they are but they say we had a class together and I'm all WAT??!! ...fine, if you must.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Jeebus. My high school, Grade 9 up, had about 1100 people total. Not quite as Little House on the Prairie as Kwilk's, but that was a big school you went to.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
...do you just attend your own or do you try your luck at other schools' reunions as well?
Er.
Um.
I will only admit to attending three or four reunions for classes that were not mine.
blush.gif

Mauby

Reaction score
Went to my 10 year. It was so mind-numbingly boring that I was gone after an hour. I did get a good laugh though to see all the old "cliques" still hanging together. I'd rather wished I didn't at all, as some of the hot cheerleaders I knew got fat & ugly.

Just went to my 20 year in October. That was a blast. 20 year = open bar. 10 year = cash bar. That was all the difference in the world. Now that everybody reconnected, they're having "reunions" every couple of weeks. I get invites on Facebook, but I've seen enough of these people for now.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy hell. My class had like 900, 780-ish of which actually graduated. I've kept up with 1 person. Once I got on facebook I got pinged by around a dozen old classmates, some good friends, some I have no idea who they are but they say we had a class together and I'm all WAT??!! ...fine, if you must.
Jeebus. My high school, Grade 9 up, had about 1100 people total. No t quite as Little House on the Prairie as Kwilk's, but that was a big school you went to.
I think it's the third biggest district in the state of New York (pretty sure there are a couple on Long Island ahead of us). My sister is currently in tenth grade and, IIRC, her class has ~1,000 students in it.
eek.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
I'd rather wished I didn't at all, as some of the hot cheerleaders I knew got fat & ugly.
I've only been out 3 years and this has already happened.
laugh.gif

Mauby

Reaction score
I've only been out 3 years and this has already happened.
laugh.gif

My man, it weirded me out. I had to check my senior yearbook, because I was doubting myself. I thought "maybe they looked hot to me back then because I was a horny teenage virgin." Sadly, no, they were hot then and fat & ugly now.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell NO. my twenty is coming up next year and - seeing has how I've missed the 5, 10, and 15-year reunions - I figure, why start going now?

My 20 is next year too. I've heard it said that the 10 year is the "fooling yourself" reunion where you try to act like your life is awesome and can't be topped, but the 20 and beyond are "real," for lack of a better word, because everyone's full into adulthood. So that you're not who you were then is perfect reason to go.

Originally Posted by crazyquik
I know that most of us are too young to have gone to many of these

I hate that this forum has become so dominated by young people. Or is it just my imagination? It seems when I joined just a few years back everyone was older. Was that just my imagination?

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads