• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey Denim Heads!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like Filson is making a work shirt and a country shirt out of real indigo dyed denim. I'm not sure about the wash or anything like that but it's something a few of you should be interested in. I also ran across what looks like a dry denim work shirt made by BB which is a small shirt making company right here in the US. I'm going to get one shirt from each company and use them like a shirt jacket and see what happens. The filson shirt should be listed on my site right now and I'll have the BB shirts up shortly.

http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
The western version is nice, too bad they both appear to be washed.

I'll be interested to see those BB's you mentioned. I like Wranglers dry shirts, but they aren't still Made in the US IIRC.

Edit...

BB is some brand other than Brooks Brothers... right?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are those western shirts also new? I admittedly have never really looked at their shirt offerings, but those look reasonably priced.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
The western version is nice, too bad they both appear to be washed.

I'll be interested to see those BB's you mentioned. I like Wranglers dry shirts, but they aren't still Made in the US IIRC.

Edit...

BB is some brand other than Brooks Brothers... right?

Originally Posted by robin
Are those western shirts also new? I admittedly have never really looked at their shirt offerings, but those look reasonably priced.

The answer is yes to both questions.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I hate how the internet really is in-capable of displaying what a person means since the English language is so ambiguous.

I guess what I was getting at before is, what brand are the dry shirts you speak of?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I hate how the internet really is in-capable of displaying what a person means since the English language is so ambiguous.

I guess what I was getting at before is, what brand are the dry shirts you speak of?

The brand is BB.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK I picked up a BB and Filson denim shirt today at the store. Got pics of both and will give you my impression of each shirt. I'm going to wear both of them like a flannel layer both tucked and not tucked depending on my mood.

First the BB work shirt. It's stiff as all hell and is unwashed. I have no desire to wear this thing without wearing a tee underneath. The good part is I think over time it will fade and whisker like a good pair of dry denim jeans. It's a classic work shirt so anyone going for that look should give one a try and at under 30 bucks a shirt the price is right. You order these by neck and sleeve length. the one I picked up is 16 1/2 regular. Just a hair large to allow for shrinkage. I wear a 42 regular jacket so that should give you an idea on sizing.

We have a call in with the company to find out if they are dyed with natural or artificial indigo. It would be way cool if they used natural dye but my guess is it's an artificial dye. Could be wrong though so keep those fingers crossed.

DSC02676.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

Now for the Filson. I picked up the country shirt instead of the work shirt version. It's been washed but the wash isn't bad at all. Just a touch of fading overall with some heavier fade along some of the seams. It's 11 ounce denim that's been dyed with natural indigo and is soft to the touch. I see no problems wearing this one straight off the rack without a tee. As usual the quality is excellent and the price isn't completely out of line at 89 bucks. Don't forget we discount that price by 25% with the discount codes and my little cart trick. LOL. The downside to this shirt is it's been washed and is very soft handed, I doubt it will whisker but overall it should fade well on high wear areas and look cool anyhow. As usual when I buy a Filson shirt i went with a medium for a bit slimmer fit. Filson is cut generous for freedom of movement so keep that in mind if you pick one up.

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

I'm going to put off washing these shirts as long as possible, just like you do with jeans and see what happens. I love experiments.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That BB shirt looks nice, especially at $30. I'll have to swing by Filson's soon to check out their new stuff in person.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
robin that's my thoughts on the BB shirt too. It's cheap enough to play with and if it does what I think it'll do it'll age really well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads