• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Mafoofan Help Himself

chet31

Reaction score
I have also not read the entire thread, but if you are really out of shape, I would recommend starting by simple walking, 5 days per week, one hour at a time, which will be 3-4 miles. Does not take a lot of motivation and you can do it when you are calorie deprived. I went through P90X, and it works well, but it is not fun to do when you are also cutting calories. Most people I know who try it don't make it through.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:foo:

Update?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by suited
Yes, because it's impossible to evaluate the potential effectiveness of a program without doing it for 60 days
eh.gif
I haven't heard anyone whose opinion I would respect recommend a program like p90x, unless the person (much like the OP) was in some sort of predicament that prevented them from pursuing better options, resulting in something like p90x being better than nothing.

But that's the point. Everyone who is recommending he join a gym, etc is ignoring the fact that he has a **** schedule and wants something he can do quickly at his own convenience - hence the P90X or other BeachBody program recommendations. Without having done the program, it's hard to understand what a good workout it is.
Indeed. I have a busy schedule as well, given that I travel Mon-Thu, with crazy hours. So far, P90X has worked out great for me. I just go to the hotel gym when I'm traveling, and do the rest at home. Now, the hardest part of P90X (or for that matter, any program) is discipline. Sometimes, it's easy to just quit and not work out for a day. But once you're on the wagon, it's a great feeling to get back from work late at night, and hit the gym. You may wake up with less sleep and sore, but trust me, you'll feel great. Of all the workout programs that I've seen, P90X is also the most flexible and lends itself well to working out from pretty much anywhere. Insanity is the only other one that is similar and comes close. Personally, I also have a hard time with the diet because I'm a vegetarian. Getting that high a protein intake can sometimes be hard, but doable. The diet with the workout sessions can show some pretty amazing progress in no time at all.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads