• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

He got fired because he was better dressed than the Boss?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats why he may have a unemployment case. Since he violated no rules in the handbook, supposedly. This all varies from state to state and since he is seeking another job its really just a waste of time to discuss this so im done here.

unless more humerus old timmy videos are posted.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Files law suit. Appears in court at 9am... in formal morning dress. Judge laughs and holds him in contempt for being dressed too nicely. Man dies in prison.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since when is expensively dressed a protected class?

Don't get bogged down in the actual statutes or case law. An injustice has been done to OP's friend and we will make new law to protect the arrogant who thumb their noses at their bosses' requests to dress appropriately. Attorney contact information has already been pm'd and my associates are currently working on drafting a complaint and a motion for a temporary restraining order. This is big!

johnvw

Reaction score

Employee (over)dresses better than boss
Boss is mistaken as being the employees subordinate
^occurs on multiple occasions thus creating a pattern of behavior
Employee is asked to correct his behavior
Employee doesnt change
Employee is fired. It's not about the suit. He was asked me make a reasonable change and ignored it. Good riddance

Again, assuming that this is a serious thread, and that the OP has provided all relevant details, I can see your summary as being reasonable. However, the account the OP provides raises significant questions: Why did the supervisor not deal with the employee by "stepping up his game" in his clothing, rather than punishing the employee? If the employer could not have afforded more upscale clothes, does that raise a possible issue of the terminated employee's having job skill(s) which the supervisor did not have? Does the supervisor's termination of the employee, which (on the basis of what we are told) seems to have been counterproductive for the company, raise possible questions about the supervisor's management abilities and priorities?

johnvw

Reaction score

Don't get bogged down in the actual statutes or case law.  An injustice has been done to OP's friend and we will make new law to protect the arrogant who thumb their noses at their bosses' requests to dress appropriately.  Attorney contact information has already been pm'd and my associates are currently working on drafting a complaint and a motion for a temporary restraining order.  This is big!

May justice prevail!

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

May justice prevail!

You get as much justice as you can afford. Assuming his counsel accepts Saville Row garments as payment, I think this is an open and shut case.

sns23

Reaction score

thats why he may have a unemployment case. Since he violated no rules in the handbook, supposedly. This all varies from state to state and since he is seeking another job its really just a waste of time to discuss this so im done here.

Again, assuming that this is a serious thread, and that the OP has provided all relevant details, I can see your summary as being reasonable. However, the account the OP provides raises significant questions: Why did the supervisor not deal with the employee by "stepping up his game" in his clothing, rather than punishing the employee? If the employer could not have afforded more upscale clothes, does that raise a possible issue of the terminated employee's having job skill(s) which the supervisor did not have? Does the supervisor's termination of the employee, which (on the basis of what we are told) seems to have been counterproductive for the company, raise possible questions about the supervisor's management abilities and priorities?

Excuse me while i lol

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You get as much justice as you can afford. Assuming his counsel accepts Saville Row garments as payment, I think this is an open and shut case.

The agreed upon fee is 50% of the TV/movie rights. If he murders his boss, this has Law & Order written all over it. If not, I'm thinking this is at least a Hallmark Hall of Fame or Lifetime movie of the week.

sns23

Reaction score

The agreed upon fee is 50% of the TV/movie rights.  If he murders his boss, this has Law & Order written all over it.  If not, I'm thinking this is at least a Hallmark Hall of Fame or Lifetime movie of the week.

Then please forward me your information so i can report you to your state bar for violating the professional rules of conduct. ;)

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IF this indeed is a real situation then your friend has a law suit on his hands. This is discrimination although an unusual one. I'm serious.

:bounce2:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't get bogged down in the actual statutes or case law.  An injustice has been done to OP's friend and we will make new law to protect the arrogant who thumb their noses at their bosses' requests to dress appropriately.  Attorney contact information has already been pm'd and my associates are currently working on drafting a complaint and a motion for a temporary restraining order.  This is big!

:worship:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics