• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Group Buy: handmade, hand-painted silk pocket squares from Armenia.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am not doing this for profit!

I've ordered a batch of pocket squares from a lady in Armenia who paints each pocket square by hand. She specializes in women's scarves and the like, but she agreed to make some pocket squares just for me to try it out. They had arrived recently and I was very pleased with the results. I sent her some feedback regarding the roll and the paint she used. She will make the new ones with a thicker roll and won't iron the edges (she did on mine unfortunately) as well as use no glitter in the paint. Also, there's an option of using thicker, less transparent silk.

Since this is a custom order, she won't do it unless there are several people ordering. The pricing we agreed upon was between $30-40, depending on the number of pocket squares. (more = cheaper). I, personally, think they are great and would work in casual setting to liven up suits and sport coats. I've taken photos of the squares that I ordered as well as several combinations of possible outfits, just so you guys have an idea what they look like. Also, I'll attach photos of all the pocket squares she can make. Keep in mind that the photos are of scarves that are about 25x25 inches large, so the actual painting will have less elements.

This is a terrific deal for something that is unique and made so well! Let's do this!

The way it works is you reply in this thread or send me a private message with pictures of the pocket squares you want. At the same time you will send me $40 for each pocket square and if we get enough orders and the price goes down I will refund each of you $5 or $10 later. I will forward the link to this thread to the lady that does these, so we're all on the same page. In about a week, I will send her the money and info on which pocket squares she needs to make and in some amount of time (probably a month or so), you should start receiving them in the mail.

My paypal address is [email protected]. Please cover the paypal fees or I will refund the money and cancel your order. This is strict. Also, include your forum name and address so I can get the orders straight.

Feel free to ask any questions here. Oh, and if we don't get enough orders, this will likely not happen at all. In that case, I will refund the money to those who already paid. However, I'm sure there will be plenty of takers as this is an awesome deal.

sFbtR.jpg

OHqLH.jpg

AKfun.jpg

5pxWy.jpg

aKtYB.jpg

TYkWf.jpg

i8s7a.jpg

BNX4A.jpg

aAXhd.jpg

HU4xs.jpg

This one looks like a piece of bacon... hehe

I will upload all of available design in the next post. Thank you.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Available Designs:

WrlW4.jpg

2sqzq.jpg

8UViQ.jpg

Ce1P7.jpg

OUpeJ.jpg

Gii2j.jpg

Jwjkr.jpg

fQlUI.jpg

grC87.jpg

hVnh5.jpg

81wXe.jpg

LU01f.jpg

MeqGg.jpg

xv7lo.jpg

r3PDk.jpg

hATMp.jpg

Y80WX.jpg

Btivw.jpg

1wuP7.jpg

ITlqj.jpg

CHs4r.jpg

esKCd.jpg

GRK9o.jpg

cGGqt.jpg

t8O6G.jpg

MP6kq.jpg

Jryzb.jpg

Uo1lX.jpg

EO5mj.jpg

absSr.jpg

uwcDs.jpg

0eYWN.jpg

j2Spk.jpg

CMzOP.jpg

ueGiN.jpg

cKs2A.jpg

foNIi.jpg

p4azF.jpg

qczVy.jpg

0aFjW.jpg

NPhNE.jpg

4WoYL.jpg

EJWIS.jpg

EpA6A.jpg

DMNXg.jpg

rYrXz.jpg

YNnGX.jpg

JsGjR.jpg

8yJEH.jpg

NUbhk.jpg

tO8gT.jpg

tnaI4.jpg

caIhl.jpg

pnHQa.jpg

Jm042.jpg

mssEX.jpg

e8kHC.jpg

Biy1j.jpg

Last edited:

MrInvariant

Reaction score
These are very nice. :slayer:

Is shipping included in the price? Is there any discount for purchasing multiple items?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very charming.

Kind of like Leonard of Paris goes to Armenia.

Thinking about some of the numbers...

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of those are nice, I'm very tempted. Would you mind posting which number is being worn in each of the 'in pocket' images?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are very nice. :slayer:
Is shipping included in the price? Is there any discount for purchasing multiple items?

Shipping is included. Like I said, if we purchase enough, it will only be $30.

Some of those are nice, I'm very tempted. Would you mind posting which number is being worn in each of the 'in pocket' images?

Just edited that into the original post.

MrInvariant

Reaction score
I'll take 5. :slayer:

How does one "cover the PayPal fees?" I see no such option in the PayPal "Send Money" screen... (Sorry, I'm a PP noob...)

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are wonderful!

I'll commit to 4 as well.

You might suggest to the artist that the edges of a pocket square design are very important - as they are highly visible. Anything she can do to push lots of color and design to the outer edges when she reinterpretes her designs from scarfs to squares would be to the benefit of all. (This is not to criticize her artistry in any way - these are really lovely - just an observation as to what works best with a square.)

Will send PM right away.

Thank you for offering these!

-G

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are wonderful!
I'll commit to 4 as well.
You might suggest to the artist that the edges of a pocket square design are very important - as they are highly visible. Anything she can do to push lots of color and design to the outer edges when she reinterpretes her designs from scarfs to squares would be to the benefit of all. (This is not to criticize her artistry in any way - these are really lovely - just an observation as to what works best with a square.)
Will send PM right away.
Thank you for offering these!
-G

I'm not sure if I interpreted that correctly. Would you prefer more colors/patterns at the edges or less? I like to have solid color on the outside edge and the pattern in the middle. That way I can use the same PS in many ways and combinations. Kind of like #26 she made for me.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure if I interpreted that correctly. Would you prefer more colors/patterns at the edges or less? I like to have solid color on the outside edge and the pattern in the middle. That way I can use the same PS in many ways and combinations. Kind of like #26 she made for me.

Go to show you - everyone has their own opnion! :D

Because I usually do the 'puff with tails' I like lots of pattern around the outside edge - because that's what become 'the tails'. If I want to wear a solid square I wear a solid.

My comment was generated specifically by pattern number 54 - which I liked very much. But when thinking about how I wear a square I'm thinking I would just get just a wee little bit of the edge of the pattern in the tails and nothing else. Which would mean I would have to fold it to be either just a puff (which I don't like) or a TV fold which seems a bit tame for such a lively square.

So perhaps we actually are saying more or less the same thing? It's best if the edge be strong in some way or another?

Perhaps I should just shut up and make sure I select the patterns that I like. :embar:

The squares are lovely...........................art is art...........................

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads