• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson Rushden - Getting Better?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey lads.

What's the thought with the Rushden Range by Grenson?

Yes. Alot of it is tripe.

This:

2581rushdenclaytonbv5.jpg

However, you can pick out the rubbish for some cubes of sweetness.

For Example:

2721rushdenbrownuz8.jpg

2697rushdenellisgv0.jpg

2614rushdenjacksonel9.jpg

What does the Groupthink Think?

Goodyear welted and double soled. These can take a beating.

They also did this number for Odin:

grenson4croppedmv0.jpg

Pediwear stock and usually markdown most models at some point. 100 Quid would be a decent target.

Or, should we just get Paul Smiths?

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I almost bought the black captoe boot a month or so ago. It seemed reasonably nice and was about 150-175 US on sale, I don't exactly remember. I ended up holding off though as what I really need is a black boot without a leather sole as I wanted somethinig I would wear in sloppier conditions than my normal shoes. Still, it looked fairly nice.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs from the Rose collection (Headingly + Kent) which are very well made, almost classic, beautiful. But I always get compliments (from girls and guys not much into shoes) for the Rushden Noble in tan which is more fashion, Italian style. The quality is much lower than those from the Rose collection, more or less as Paul Smith.
http://www.grenson.co.uk/RushdenRang...2&categoryid=2
5030_02.jpg

You can get many Rushden models for about 70 quid and Rose for less than 100 on ebay uk (subs, samples, perfect)

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Pediwear has alot of stuff generally out of my price range - never came across these and they're priced so well.

Why does pediwear convert UK sizes into +0.5 US sizes (11uk = 11.5us; 12uk = 12.5us)? I thought it was one full size difference.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I really like the shoes they did for Odin. I might get a pair if they go on sale.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, except the odin shoes are like 350 USD. Which is a fair amount for Grenson Rushden quality.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Why does pediwear convert UK sizes into +0.5 US sizes (11uk = 11.5us; 12uk = 12.5us)? I thought it was one full size difference.
It's not. It's one-half size difference. Many English shoes run wide, so Americans wear them short and stout. E.g., a Trickers in 10G might work for a US11D or even a US11.5D the same way a US11D might be able to wear a US10EEE. I have the Grenson Radleys in UK10F and I think they fit like a US10.5D.

lfl

Reaction score
looking at picking up one of the desert boots (smith OR leach) out of the rushden line, anyone had any experience with them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads