• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson Rubber Soles

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these boots/shoes from the Grenson "Country" line? I have a pair of Ilkley brogued boots that I absolutely love. I would not mind getting a pair of black boots, also.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, somewhat OT: the Grenson "Claude" Chelsea boot is really nice looking - almost a C&J "knockoff". Does anyone have this boot?

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will do my best at trying to get photos etc up by Sat afternoon, does that sound good to all....I will try to give some better photos this time as well, with full shots of the soles, danite etc...

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You'll give advance warning, Chris?

*Frantically hits refresh button*

I will give eveyone this, hopefully by Sat afternoon I will have the photos in, I will try to get the prices up with the style numbers so all I have to do is plug the images as I edit them

aybojs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
BTW, somewhat OT: the Grenson "Claude" Chelsea boot is really nice looking - almost a C&J "knockoff". Does anyone have this boot?

This site seems to have them for about $280; they have channelled leather soles, so I'm sure they would have been up on Bennie's Monday sale if they were in stock. I got mine for about $150 last year and have ever since then been fruitlessly trying to get another one in brown for not too much more. I've been experiencing some of the same peeling on the sole that other Grenson buyers have; don't know if the way I wear my shoes (fairly hard) may have contributed. It is a great looking shoe, though.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aybojs
This site seems to have them for about $280; they have channelled leather soles, so I'm sure they would have been up on Bennie's Monday sale if they were in stock. I got mine for about $150 last year and have ever since then been fruitlessly trying to get another one in brown for not too much more. I've been experiencing some of the same peeling on the sole that other Grenson buyers have; don't know if the way I wear my shoes (fairly hard) may have contributed. It is a great looking shoe, though.
Thanks. Is that "peeling" where the channel around the stitching chips off? Or something worse?

On a boot like that it might be worth gluing a Topy on to avoid that and get some slip resistance as well.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel the draw of the chealsea boot again... those are really nicely shaped J.

Dapper Dandy

Reaction score

At $150, you got an awesome deal! ebay?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been experiencing some of the same peeling on the sole that other Grenson buyers have; don't know if the way I wear my shoes (fairly hard) may have contributed. It is a great looking shoe, though.
I've had a couple pairs of my Grensons do that, too. I sent one pair back to Chris because I thought something was wrong and he did something to it so that it's been fine ever since. Chris, do you remember what you had your shoe guy do to fix that? It'd be nice to have it done locally on the other two pairs of my shoes that are doing that.

dan

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I don't know if they're exactly the Claude model, but I have a pair of Grenson chelseas in brown made to Masterpiece grade from the first Bennie's sale that look like the photo on that site. I think they look more like EG Newmarkets than C&Js because they're less "bulbous" through the vamp than the C&J 337 last. They're probably my favorite pair of shoes because the last shape is so nice, they're very comfortable, and they go with everything from jeans to suits. If you can find a pair, I'd definitely recommend them.

dan

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
I don't know if they're exactly the Claude model, have a pair of Grenson chelseas in brown made to Masterpiece grade from the first Bennie's sale that look like the photo on that site. I think they look more like EG Newmarkets than C&Js because they're less "bulbous" through the vamp than the C&J 337 last. They're probably my favorite pair of shoes because the last shape is so nice, they're very comfortable, and they go with everything from jeans to suits. If you can find a pair, I'd definitely recommend them.

dan

Excellent, thanks. I sure wish I had known about the first Bennie's sale when it happened.
biggrin.gif

Ed13

Reaction score
I purchased 3 pairs of the rubber sole Grensons at Bennie's last sale. One pair appears to be close to masterpiece quality while the other two are more rustic with thicker leather. I consider all 3 pairs an excellent value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads