• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Pizza in LA - Any Suggestions?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a burger town, but how hard is it to make a good tasting pizza? Any recs?

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had Tomato Pie in Silverlake...I thought it was great!

Stay away from Pitfire Pizza!

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not a pizza expert (never lived in NY so i've never had real pizza in my life i guess).

but I enjoy Paisano's in Hermosa Beach. I went to Antica Pizerria in the marina which is supposed to be great neopolitan pizza but they severely undercooked mine.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Abbot Kinney Pizza in Venice Beach gets my vote.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Abbot Kinney Pizza in Venice Beach gets my vote.
The one with sesame seeds ? Pretty good.
Originally Posted by CityHunter
I had Tomato Pie in Silverlake...I thought it was great!
There's one on Melrose I should try sometime.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have suggested Terroni, but looking at some of the reviews it seems that Angelenos are up in arms because Terroni doesn't cut their pizza into slices and refuses to give you ground parmigiana to put on your pizza.

Diner be warned.

lefty

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good Pizza in LA,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
thanks for the morning laugh.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
I love pizza but have a hard time finding good pizza. I usually on a fri nite if I was alone at home just get pizza hut. That is how bad I am at knowing a good pizza place. But pizza hut is acceptable to my tastes.

I like the chain BJs I've always liked their deep dish pizzas.

Good call. **'s is pretty good comparative to what's available. I still haven't found a really good go to place for pizza in our neck of the woods.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Good call. **'s is pretty good comparative to what's available. I still haven't found a really good go to place for pizza in our neck of the woods.

My kids love Northwood Pizza in Irvine. http://www.northwoodpizza.com/

Call me a simpleton, but I really dig Papa Johns.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
This is a burger town, but how hard is it to make a good tasting pizza? Any recs?

What you like in a pizza is as subjective as the burger subject. For the higher end "gourmet" style pizza, I like Mozza, but I have found the consistency of their crust to be inconsistent. Sometimes it's out of this world, but there have been occasions when it really was pretty bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads