• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give The Fran His Due

drake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Why can I never find that eyeroll smiley when I need it? Really? You think that SF is very conservative? I personally think that there are about 8 or 9 conservatives on SF (that participate regularly) and about 40-50 libs...but maybe my perception is pretty skewed as well.
Styleforum may have more liberal readers but the conservative posters far outnumber the liberal posters.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I've said it before and I will say it again: the regnant ideology on Style Forum is libertarianism.
ugh. Some people should never be given a word of the day calendar.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ugh. Some people should never be given a word of the day calendar.

Regnant had me, too.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Super skewed. I think the site has more liberal people, but the most vocal people on the site are the conservatives. Pobaire, Monti, Manton, Artisan, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. I would say Matt but he seems more moderate than others, but on second thought could be included amoungst conservative set.

OK. It's one thing to say that there are conservatives that participate on SF, it is something else entirely to say that SF is VERY conservative.

There are lots of threads that I just duck out of because the lib-ness gets so overwhelming. I agree that AF starts lots of anti-Obama threads (sorry AF), but aren't they matched pretty much 1:1 by Conne reposting nonsense from the Huffington Post?

I think it actually swings both ways here. I enjoy the discussions because I think it gets balanced out. I feel like it's a nice break from the echo chambers we typically put ourselves in...

But then that's just me.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
It's a perfectly cromulent word.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK. It's one thing to say that there are conservatives that participate on SF, it is something else entirely to say that SF is VERY conservative.

There are lots of threads that I just duck out of because the lib-ness gets so overwhelming. I agree that AF starts lots of anti-Obama threads (sorry AF), but aren't they matched pretty much 1:1 by Conne reposting nonsense from the Huffington Post?

I think it actually swings both ways here. I enjoy the discussions because I think it gets balanced out. I feel like it's a nice break from the echo chambers we typically put ourselves in...

But then that's just me.

You are right SF isn't conservative by a long shot. I was referring to your ratio mainly.
No one posts about McCain so I can't say I see any balance, but then again what is there to say about him.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I've said it before and I will say it again: the regnant ideology on Style Forum is libertarianism.

Uh...maybe. I don't necessarily disagree with this. On my more introspective days I'm probably here more than conservative. But I think to get to this conclusion you have to draw a pretty wide line around libertarianism. I think that there is social libertarianism no question. I think that the same people disagree pretty fiercely about economic libertarianism.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
that he wont be participating in Styleforum in 5, 10, 15 years?

Maybe Manto could recruit him. You me, Chuck D, here no telling where SF will go in the future.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I think Matt means that he is not goiang to live that long. Sadly, he is probably right.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh...maybe. I don't necessarily disagree with this. On my more introspective days I'm probably here more than conservative. But I think to get to this conclusion you have to draw a pretty wide line around libertarianism. I think that there is social libertarianism no question. I think that the same people disagree pretty fiercely about economic libertarianism.

On rereading, this is indecipherable.

nvm.

drake

Reaction score

But then that's just me.

Are you out of your mind? This is just off the front page Current Events:

15 threads started by conservative posters
5 threads by "non-partisans" or people I don't know enough about
8 threads started by liberals

That's just the threads started by conservatives. Once you get into number of conservative posters versus liberal posters inside the thread, the conservatives take over.

Code:

C\tAn interesting part of the Obama tax plan\t\t\t\tiammatt
N\tWhere is the dollar going? \t\t\t\t\t\tchorse123
C\t3.3%?\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tManton
C\tObama = Unknown?\t\t\t\t\t\t\tPiobaire
C\tMcCain's running mate...\t\t\t\t\t\tiammatt
C\tThe Obama Stadium Speech Looks Like Poor Strategy\t\t\tArtisan Fan
C\tBill's Speech\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tManton
L\tClassy Ad from John McCain (I'm not kidding) \t\t\t\tJoel_Cairo
C\tClinton and Biden's Revisionist History Last Night\t\t\tArtisan Fan
L\tWe go to war in Iraq, China gets the spoils\t\t\t\tjavyn
N\tIn my favorite part of the Middle East . . . \t\t\t\tdopey
N\tPow, Pow, Pow!! \t\t\t\t\t\t\tdinted voice
C\tOdds on when the Ayres story will really break\t\t\t\tiammatt
L\tCranky MCCain gets testy with reporter, again. \t\t\t\tJoel_Cairo
C\tThe Problem with the Liberal Dream Team\t\t\t\t\tArtisan Fan
C\tGustav on track to hit St. Paul, MN \t\t\t\t\tMark from Plano
C\tWMO: This year the coolest in 5 years\t\t\t\t\tArtisan Fan
C\t# of uninsured falls in 2007, median income rises for 3rd year.\t\tPiobaire
L\tU.S. to relinquish security duties in Anbar \t\t\t\tConnemara
C\tBiden's Speech\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tManton
C\tPoll: Why are you proud to be a Republican? \t\t\t\tiammatt
L\t-- -.-. -.-. .- .. -. / - --- / .- -. -. --- ..- -. -.-. . / ...- .--. \tAugusto86
C\tIs the country's 1st black President trying to screw it up for the 2nd?\tArtisan Fan
N\tScrap GAAP, go international? \t\t\t\t\t\tBradford
L\tkerry's speech \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tblackplatano
N\tDukakis's Speech \t\t\t\t\t\t\tvaclava krishna
L\tHillary's Speech\t\t\t\t\t\t\tConnemara
L\tThatcher suffering from dementia \t\t\t\t\tConnemara
L\t"Will Obama Raise My Taxes?" web tool\t\t\t\t\tJoel_Cairo

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dopey is conservative, and I believe you have him as N. I believe Bradford is a liberal.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bradford is not a liberal. There are very few actual liberals, as opposed to Democratic party line-toers or woolly-headed lefty bourgeois.

RJman, Proud Liberal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads