• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

calibre36

Reaction score
Gitman Vintage Far Left: Grey/Brown Flannel Herringbone
Front Row (from left): White with Balck & Blue Stripe, White/Violet Oxford, Blue/White Collar Pinpoint Oxford, Plaid Madras
Back Row (from left): Pink Heavy Flannel, Light Blue Lightweight Flannel, Blue Heavy Flannel, Blue/Green Heavy Flennel

Last edited by a moderator:

89andy

Reaction score

You know they did change their fit for the S/S11 season. If you bought an oxford from that season and then bought one from another SF user that was from a previous season it will fit differently...

Pretty sure mistagged.

Size small should not have 18.5" pit to pit, not even talking seam to seam but the whole fabric lied down. This corresponds perfectly to a size xs...

Gruntle

Reaction score

New shirts arrived. The plaid in L fits perfect, the Khaki in XL is a little too long in the back. No more buying shirts till next year.

Last edited:

DCU

Reaction score

New shirts arrived. The plaid in L fits perfect, the khaki in XL is a little too long in the back. No more buying shirts till next year.

Where'd you get the plaid shirt? I've been searching everywhere for that one in sz. XS...

jaac

Reaction score
calibre is a great dude and his stuff is legit fwiw!

bsyde82

Reaction score

Received my floral shirt from SW. Fit is a tad smaller than regular XS for Gitman, but still nice. Feels a bit shorter too but nothing major - maybe half an inch in total. I second the comment that it's not the heaviest fabric, but is still much heavier than the S/S Chambrays and Madras. Awesome shirt.

Any idea who else might be carrying this shirt? I'm a small in Gitman and it appears to be sold out on SW.

I got a small in the organic cotton gingham from this past spring season - would I be a small in this season's shirts as well? seeing a lot of comments about differing sizes.

Pulp088

Reaction score
There's maybe a little over exaggeration about the sizing this season IMO. If I were you bsyde82 I'd stick with the small for this season.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any idea who else might be carrying this shirt? I'm a small in Gitman and it appears to be sold out on SW.

sorry dude i grabbed that small from sw a couple hours ago after thinkin on it for a few days. i'll let you know if it doesn't work out.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a small in the organic cotton gingham from this past spring season - would I be a small in this season's shirts as well? seeing a lot of comments about differing sizes.

The sizing difference isn't enough for a full size change, I'd recommend sticking to what you normally do. The variances are subtle but noticeable, the only time I have heard of people sizing up is from Gitman x OC.

DCU

Reaction score

Got a white gitman vintage ocbd in xs at saks off fifth for 40. Perfect fit : D

I would like a quick proxy for this since it's at a location in Houston. Please PM me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

thebunk

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of Gitmans vs. Epaulet shirts. I think I need to size down one from Epaulet but I am wondering, if an Epaulet Large fits snug on me, how will a Gitman Medium fit (especially around the torso).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads