• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girlfriend and a Dior suit

drexel

Reaction score
Apologies, for I am new to fashion and know little to nothing about suits, but regarding your girlfriend, if you do realize that a Christian Dior suit is not what you want and you have another brand in mind, a good way to communicate that to her is to just tell her the truth but with great enthusiasm. Make it appear as if you've just discovered and fallen in love with whatever suit you really want and it should be clear to her that you would rather have said suit instead of the Dior suit without you having to explicitly turn her gift down and risk insulting her intelligence.

mulligan

Reaction score
I agree with ter1413, the holiday would be better. Besides you may have to return the favour and nothing says I love better than Diamonds is what the ladies say.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
This is what you do.....tell her to put the $$ towards a vacation for the both of you and take a long weekend and go someplace romantic. Tell her that you would rather spend time with her that have her buy a suit for you!

+ 1000

JTA

Reaction score
Dior Homme suit is made by Caruso to my recollection.
Quality is high and aesthetically the suit is designed for tall and skinny men thus if that's your body frame then you will look great.

On the other hand Christian Dior "Monsieur" (if it is still exists) line was made by Canali, not sure now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads