• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting shirts made in HK, Cheng, Jantzen, Peter Lee. Thoughts, questions, frustrations!

mrclam

Reaction score

- less picky? I'm the master of MicroManagement as well documented here in SF & one of the originators of letting the cat out about PL.

I might have to take my more recent shirt back and insist on the corrections then. Its just annoying that I've brought up the same issue with them three times in total, and they haven't been able to fix it. Is it abnormal to have a shirt that doesn't flare out at the bottom? I understand that your hips are wider than your waist, but my shirts all have an awkward amount of cloth sticking out of my pants where there is just too much cloth for my waist.

JTA

Reaction score

I might have to take my more recent shirt back and insist on the corrections then. Its just annoying that I've brought up the same issue with them three times in total, and they haven't been able to fix it. Is it abnormal to have a shirt that doesn't flare out at the bottom? I understand that your hips are wider than your waist, but my shirts all have an awkward amount of cloth sticking out of my pants where there is just too much cloth for my waist.

I'm a happy (and returning) PL customer and have no issue with him for all of my five orders (shirt, sportscoat and suit).
I listened, asked (a lot of questions) his opinions and refined it from there, so far happy with the result. His approach that I like is that every time I commissioned a substantially different orders, his suggestion would be to tailor one first and refine the result from there. He provides very good insight thus far.

Maybe you should try AC or WWC to see if they can satisfy your requirements?

Last edited:

Wongtouski

Reaction score

regular pricing at AC right now is 1000? 1200? Any ideas if he'll do CMT with a new customer? I recall he has a 3 shirt minimum.

Perhaps I've been going about it with PL all wrong, and I should just get the cheaper cloths and not bother with unfused collars/cuffs.

Mate,

I did two shirts from PL for 280, they are what they are. They fit alright but there's an issue of the poor stitching when my dad was helping me out iron and he noticed that it was really tough to iron certain areas of the shirt, with that in mind i went to AC.

I actually made another post on AC. I went to the one in the Peninsula, I'm in my mid 20's but I look like I'm 19, but they still were very nice and helped me out. I ordered the 3 shirt minimum, 2 @ their house fabrics (like $9xx) and one Thomas Mason for meeting bosses (18xx). To be honest, it's not a big difference if you're washing your shirts all the time. Anyway, they were extremely accommodating as they were a little bit old fashioned and I kept insisting to have a slimmer fit. I also took many fittings to get an extreme spread collar (like Thomas Pink) after I saw a pic of an AC shirt with that collar in a Tumblr. I actually went so many times that I felt bad, but the guy to my surprise said "Nonsense, it's your first order we need to get it right!"

So long story short, for 900 something, I would just go to AC and make shirts as opposed to going to PL for 650. You're gonna get one-on-one attention in a nicely lit shop with great service!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member