1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Germanicos- Bespoke Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by qwertyas, Mar 14, 2011.

1. iSurg

iSurg Well-Known Member

Benji: If this is the quality from their Bespoke Range...

All images taken from their website.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess the proof is in the pudding. Can you can produce a fit pic?

2. Shane 101

Shane 101 Member

Can someone please explain the difference between a MTM & bespoke suit?

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

Put simply...made to measure (MTM) is where they take your measurements and then alter a pre-existing pattern to match your measurements, often then sending those away to an offshore factory. You may have a fitting or two, though be aware...many places that offer MTM are not true tailors. Some are, many are not, and the results will vary accordingly.

With bespoke, a fresh pattern is drafted based directly on your measurements, posture, shape etc. You are often measured by the one who drafts and/or cuts your pattern and the suit is often (though not always) made onsite by true tailors. You go through multiple fittings to get a precise fit and to get your measurement profile/pattern precisely nailed down.

4. Shane 101

Shane 101 Member

Well I think I'm sold, will make an appointment with germanicos in the new year. Will post back with some feedback.

5. Shane 101

Shane 101 Member

Appointment made with Sam from the Perth office,
    Sam is a pattern maker and have been assured will be a true bespoke suit...excited!

6. TheWraith

Hmm...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  7. BenjiRob

BenjiRob Member

Shane you made a good choice, I am sure you will be impressed and look great in your first bespoke suit with Germanicos. I've had it done with them, it definitely is bespoke contrary to what our librarian friend who has never been in their workroom, or had a suit from there assumes.

Im not sure how Sam is I dealt with a guy called Chris when I was in Perth.

8. TheWraith

Have you been in their workroom, shill?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  9. Shane 101

Shane 101 Member

John from the Melbourne said that Chris was a new addition to the team here in Perth.
    I haven't been to their workroom yet.

10. Shane 101

Shane 101 Member

Looking at the email I received, Sam still plays a part here in Perth.

11. BenjiRob

BenjiRob Member

Actually Sam must be the new guy as I have been dealing with Chris and John for quite some time now. I know John from the Melbourne office is an amazing bloke who achieves results and he will make sure everything is fine.

12. BenjiRob

BenjiRob Member

Yes I have seen their workroom in Melbourne, like I have mentioned earlier, maybe you didn't read my post correctly or you just like to undermine peoples posts who are not yet a senior member like you librarian. Don't quite know what you mean by Shill?

13. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

Two brand new members, both talking up the quality of a company that nobody else can attest to, using strange language and strange Unnecessary Capitalization Of Words. Certainly reads like a shill.

1 person likes this.
  14. TheWraith

^ Exactly, Papa. Nothing they say can be taken seriously, I'm afraid. Shills the pair of them.

15. TheWraith

Hmm...

http://garment.fibre2fashion.com/manufacturer/germanicos/

[​IMG]

And check this screenshot out, direct from the Germanicos website.

[​IMG]

One fitting is all that's needed? Suit finished in 4 weeks? That's proof that it's MTM right there. True bespoke requires several fittings prior to the delivery of the finished item and longer to complete. Sorry, this is offshore MTM as I've always said it was and no amount of shill BS can say otherwise!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  16. Shane 101

Shane 101 Member

A shill lol
    You know I had to look that up? None the less im not deterred.

17. BenjiRob

BenjiRob Member

Hahaha, Shane I never knew we were mates or Shills, I don't even know what the hell u look like or what a shill was either! The librarian is full of theoretical BS, I told the (Shill of another tailor) Librarian that I had a calico pattern made for my body and had many fittings with calico and suit. He probably doesn't even know what a calico is?

If he drove from his country town a few hours to Melbourne he would CLEARLY see the tailors and patternmakers at work RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, it's there for everyone to see. Germanicos probably boasts the best Pure Tailor Showroom and workroom in Australia from Melbourne, But the librarian likes to read too much and not go and see for himself, likes to feel important hiding behind his blogs, the information he has is of no substance.

I called Germanicos and asked about the links to Thailand above, they don't deny there is a factory that they are in partnership with in Thailand, however this is for their cut price brand ATAILOR (www.shirt-tailor.com.au). If you go to that site, it clearly states manufacturing in Thailand and allegiances to Germanicos for QC. They mentioned Thailand manufacturing was for their (Jestar Label) Atailor, but for their (Qantas label) Germanicos they do no work from there.

They further mentioned Germanicos Makes ALL patterns individually for each customer in Australia, they stitch their top shelf offering in Australia and also have workrooms in Portugal and Greece for the cheaper options, which do some of the stitching from their patterns drawn in Australia.

I've been through had over 5 fittings with Calico and Suit and have a suit in my wardrobe which gets me compliments every time I wear it. The (shill of another tailor) has never been there, nor does he state his allegiances to another tailor and his words are full of fluff and no substance.

18. iSurg

iSurg Well-Known Member

Sounds suss. Whatev's - still need to see a fit pic... Otherwise I call bull

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  19. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

A+ would lol again

20. TheWraith

It's all a load of rubbish. Avoid!