• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Cross post from Carmina thread:

I received the navy shell Jodhpurs today. They fit more or less the same as my other Rain lasted shoes, so I'm very happy with that, as the Rain last might be the best fitting last for me from any brand. I think the boots look spectacular (as seen from stevent's pictures), and the navy shell looks as great as I imagined. Very happy with the purchase. As a first time Jodhpur boot owner, I am a bit concerned about the longevity of the strap, but hopefully it's nothing I have to worry about for a long time.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Needed to replace an older pair of conservative black cap toes, so I got these from Steve. My only question is there appears to be an faint indentation line in the toe cap. It's most visible on the left shoe, but exists on both. I could probably live with it as is, but would not want it to get any worse. Looking for thoughts on whether this is acceptable or not.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I can spot it on both. I think it might be the toe cap reinforcement or stiffener. I had a pair if boots that did the same. I always just an intentional part of the construction.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can spot it on both. I think it might be the toe cap reinforcement or stiffener. I had a pair if boots that did the same. I always just an intentional part of the construction.

Yes, that was my thought as well as this seems to be the point where the toe cap stiffener ends. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something that is going to be a problem in the future.

spicycho

Reaction score

Needed to replace an older pair of conservative black cap toes, so I got these from Steve. My only question is there appears to be an faint indentation line in the toe cap. It's most visible on the left shoe, but exists on both. I could probably live with it as is, but would not want it to get any worse. Looking for thoughts on whether this is acceptable or not.
Nobody other than you is ever going to notice it. Ever

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from Carmina thread:

I received the navy shell Jodhpurs today. They fit more or less the same as my other Rain lasted shoes, so I'm very happy with that, as the Rain last might be the best fitting last for me from any brand. I think the boots look spectacular (as seen from stevent's pictures), and the navy shell looks as great as I imagined. Very happy with the purchase. As a first time Jodhpur boot owner, I am a bit concerned about the longevity of the strap, but hopefully it's nothing I have to worry about for a long time.

Those look amazing. Is it possible to do a run in Saddle?

PorDucMan

Reaction score
I'm going to be listing my two eyelet Saddle shell MTO for sale. They are UK7.5, Rain last. They are as new, I wore them around the house on carpet just long enough to realize that the Rain last is not a good fit for me. Very disappointing, I love the design of these. I wish Carmina offered the Rain in narrower width.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Simpson last is close to rain and probably even better looking with a narrower fit. I wish my wider feet would fit Simpson , but no dice.

PorDucMan

Reaction score
Simpson fits me very well. Steve sent me an oxford on Rain last before I bought into the MTO, and that seemed to fit well. The MTO model fits too loose, perhaps that is because the pattern is different.

I prefer the looks of the Rain last over Simpson, and most of the Carmina models that interest me are only offered in Rain. I have several models of G&G that fit me perfectly, so I'm going to have to stay with the G&G offerings.

konda

Reaction score
^ QFT. There is no way they both fit. If they do, then the wearer knows nothing about shoes or proper fits. That is just how it is. You don't fit a 14" wheel on a 19" rim or vice versa.

One should always learn what size feet one has before buying shoes.

Last edited:

SpiffEngineer

Reaction score
All right so some of you have already heard that Carmina decided to stop making non-laced shell boots (such as Jodhpur in navy shell) due to shells 'breaking' while processing.
So I have some new MTO ideas for Navy Shell Boots.

Mr. Yoo persisted though, and through his consistent hard work, obtained an exemption for this one order. I doubt any other retailer would have done the same.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads