• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shape is nice but it's me who don't like boots without laces. But for all you boot-fans this must be outstanding nice shoes.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pudyraqe.jpg

this is perfection.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cambridge in Midnight Blue Calf. Extra Wide "G" fitting
3ugytame.jpg

y5etaheh.jpg

That looks really nice, may I find out more about a wide fitting deco? I presumed they can use the deco purple/midnight blue calf for a wide last (not the original deco last), with the deco and sunken metal plate finish. Obviously if they can made a deco wide last that will be the best.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some new p0rn from our stock at Skoaktiebolaget.

I don't understand very well why this thread remains great and the Vass thread has been reduced to a boring discussion about sizes & prices. I make the comparison because Vass & G&G are my favorite shoes/threads.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't understand very well why this thread remains great and the Vass thread has been reduced to a boring discussion about sizes & prices. I make the comparison because Vass & G&G are my favorite shoes/threads.

Vass shoes are very good, don't be mean.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some new p0rn from our stock at Skoaktiebolaget.

more awesomeness!! :slayer:

bc G&G is da king.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Vass shoes are very good, don't be mean.

You are both correct. Vass is a great shoe maker like G&G, however, it is very hard to order and do business with Vass without using surrogates or proxies. A great shoe maker must make access to their product easy and fun. Otherwise the maker loses business and customers go elsewhere. I have several Vass shoes and every pair was a nightmare to order and get done.
To their Credit, Mr. Vass said they wanted to produce more shoes and he is happy with their process and product. Just make the ordering process a little easier.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

VALUE in king. G&G is about value not price. Vass buyers and followers (not all) have descended to price and bargains.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score

To a certain extent it's because there are two vendors keeping the thread moving. It's good for them and it's good for those who are interested in buying G&G. I think you'd see a similar result if there was a reliable store that carried Vass and also posted on the forum.

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To a certain extent it's because there are two vendors keeping the thread moving. It's good for them and it's good for those who are interested in buying G&G. I think you'd see a similar result if there was a reliable store that carried Vass and also posted on the forum.

I agree with you, that's a good reason.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I dunno, I think you guys do a good job moving it forward without me and Nick. ;)

It's the same for the EG thread as Vass, very low traffic. Might change now though... :embar:

A thread that's been moving along very well is the Carmina thread, and it did so long before Skoaktiebolaget or any other Carmina retailer got involved. I think Vass is just not very well known outside of Central Europe and also as SS said, they're not very easy to access.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordering from Vass is difficult and only available from a single source. Sucks. Nick, carry Vass please

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I think you guys do a good job moving it forward without me and Nick.
wink.gif

It's the same for the EG thread as Vass, very low traffic. Might change now though...
shog[1].gif

A thread that's been moving along very well is the Carmina thread, and it did so long before Skoaktiebolaget or any other Carmina retailer got involved. I think Vass is just not very well known outside of Central Europe and also as SS said, they're not very easy to access.

Carmina is relatively cheap, wide availability, aka C&J of last decade, so its thread will move with volume.

EG, Vass, JL, or any other better manufacturers will never see the traffic of Carmina, C&J, Alden, AE, etc. And they do not have frequent vender soft promotions.

And I think it is somewhat unfortunate that this thread become what it is today; lots of vender soft promotion pictures and little bespoke or buyer uploaded pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads