• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Stripes - Who did it best? VOTE!!

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thanks, Rob!

I guess I'm still uncertain as to the guidelines for these challenges. Is it "best use of [theme]?" Or "best outfit that incorporates [theme]?" It's a subtle but important distinction. My fit this time was aimed more at the former--seeing how I could combine stripes harmoniously. Had I been aiming at the latter, I'd probably have worn at least one fewer striped pieces.

Guidelines are sometimes prescribed, but as you see voters exercise their sole discretion on the standards for casting votes.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thanks, Rob!

I guess I'm still uncertain as to the guidelines for these challenges. Is it "best use of [theme]?" Or "best outfit that incorporates [theme]?" It's a subtle but important distinction. My fit this time was aimed more at the former--seeing how I could combine stripes harmoniously. Had I been aiming at the latter, I'd probably have worn at least one fewer striped pieces.

Well, it can go either way. I would say as long as you stick to the general spirit of the challenge, you are good...because as said below:

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Guidelines are sometimes prescribed, but as you see voters exercise their sole discretion on the standards for casting votes.

Very true. And voters often will ignore the theme, or vote on partial fits, etc. Look at the voters. A good portion are not regular WAYWRN participants.

In the end, it is all about having fun and adding some very needed excitement to this thread.

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's sexySPO69. I forgot an O when I created the username.
laugh.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's this Friday? yfyf obviously won.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
So what's this Friday? yfyf obviously won.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings... Poal closes tomorrow at midnight and the winner decides next Fridays challenge. For this Friday, we are trying to come up with something. Suggestions?

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
It ain't over till the fat lady sings... Poal closes tomorrow at midnight and the winner decides next Fridays challenge. For this Friday, we are trying to come up with something. Suggestions?

- Solids (no multi-color patterns allowed)
- Flannel
- Color themes: Purple, blue, green, orange, yellow, gold...

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know your in second, but it's over.
biggrin.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suggestions?

I say we open up a poal after we get 5 or 6 good suggestions:

How bout this one, each member of this past contest is assigned another (the one above or below on the list for the poal?) and they pick an outfit previously posted for that member to improve...most improved look as decided by the forvm wins. So:

someotherstyle\t
v\t
wsanford-shanghai
v\t\t
NOBD\t
v\t
Phat Guido
v\t\t
upr_crust\t
v\t
Orgetorix\t
v\t
Phillip1978
v\t
SpooPoker\t
v\t
MBreinin\t
v\t
ndw\t
v
bleachboy\t
v
TC (Houston)
v\t\t
Threadbearer\t
v
NewYorkRanger\t
v
Thin White Duke
v\t\t
yfyf\t
v\t
TTO would pick for SOS.

Maybe to make it easier, members can pm a few looks for the other to chose from. Sounds harder than it actually is, but I haven't the energy to think right now...chest cold...

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
God, Rob - thats a little complex
laugh.gif
What if some people dont respond?

Tell you guys what - Drop some serious suggestions here in this thread (or PM me) and this evening Ill do a poal when I get home later. (Actually MBreinin's idea).

If it involves Robs suggestion, count me out for a Friday fit as ****** will be firmly in the sand in the Caribbean on Friday.
bigstar[1].gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I can pick PG? Easy-peasy...

Right.

I say: skip this week and stay with 'winner picks theme'; it's an honour! The winner can think of something himself or pick one of the suggestions posted in the other thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads