• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Former Fatso, looking for help.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Yes, this is what I was going to get at before everybody called me a dick.
If you're still fat, and you don't want to be, then deal with the skin right now. Getting the surgery now and then losing more weight would do you no good whatsoever.

I mean, the main issue with plastic surgery that people have is that hey don't want people to know they got plastic surgery. With body parts that are obvious to others on a daily basis, such as boobs, lips, nose, etc., it is harder to get away with surgery without it being obvious.

You essentially have a free pass in that no one sees your naked body on a daily basis (I am assuming), so any surgery will be relatively seamless in your life. Might as well do it, so you are comfortable taking your shirt off.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I mean, the main issue with plastic surgery that people have is that hey don't want people to know they got plastic surgery. With body parts that are obvious to others on a daily basis, such as boobs, lips, nose, etc., it is harder to get away with surgery without it being obvious.

You essentially have a free pass in that no one sees your naked body on a daily basis (I am assuming), so any surgery will be relatively seamless in your life. Might as well do it, so you are comfortable taking your shirt off.

That's true, but he might just be back in another 6 months because he lost a ton more weight.
Obviously if the guy has the money to do it without worrying about paying for the same surgery in the future, then he might as well.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Get the surgery.

Agree.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Yes, this is what I was going to get at before everybody called me a dick.
If you're still fat, and you don't want to be, then deal with the skin right now. Getting the surgery now and then losing more weight would do you no good whatsoever.

I don't know what you said earlier, and I know you're a good guy and all that, but I can't resist jumping on the bandwagon, you dick.
smile.gif

khakijeans

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lizen
Hey everybody, just wanted to say I've been creeping the forums for quite some time and now I am in need of some advice. I'm 20 years old and I was a fat kid the majority of my life. At my peak, I was 310 pounds. Now, thanks to proper diet and cardio and lifting, I'm down to 240 with a solid amount of muscle. My issue is this, I have loads of stretch marks and excess skin on my body. It's disgusting to do push ups without my shirt on. It just hangs. Is plastic surgery the only option or do you think in a matter of time I can build enough muscle to fill out the skin. Thanks in advance.
I used to follow the bodybuilding sites quite a bit and remember seeing one or more threads with photos showing progress, from full fat
smile.gif
to lots of excess skin to post-surgery snapshots over time. I'm pretty sure this was at bodybuilding.com. You might want to do some searches over there. Do your best to ignore the numerous bro-tards
biggrin.gif

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear mine like battle scars. IMO there's nothing more socially stigmatising for a man that having people know he's vain (or insecure) enough to get plastic surgery.

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nereis
I wear mine like battle scars. IMO there's nothing more socially stigmatising for a man that having people know he's vain (or insecure) enough to get plastic surgery.

Um, I think everyone on this forum is by definition more vain than the average male. I can definitely see myself getting lipo one day just to get rid of two or three problem areas. Obviously I won't go through with surgery until I'm almost positive I can't achieve my goals through diet/excercise/supplements, but I am not embarrassed by my vanity. Why should someone be embarrassed of doing whatever it takes to reach a goal as long as they don't hurt anyone else?......bored with journal write-ons....

-Stylist-

Reaction score
hmm... i have them too

i was pretty bad (220 max when I was in highschool)
I am now 185 and have some major ones on my shoulder and stomach.
its actually quite bad
i heard it means in these areas muscle growth is impired or something

thestraitjacketfits

Reaction score
Hmm. This is probably an odd first post for a style forum. but this thread caught my eye as I was browsing.

I went from nearly 300 pounds in high school down to roughly 190 lbs right now (I'm 6'1) at age 21 and I, too, was worried about the issue of loose skin. I had originally lost a lot of the weight by eating less and moving around more. I didn't lift weights, which was my mistake, so it's good to hear that you're building muscle because that really helps. The interesting thing about loose skin, though, is that sometimes what people think is loose skin is just small subcutaneous fat that still hasn't been shed yet. A lot of people on those bodybuilding sites will suggest that you get your body fat percentage down to where you can see your abs (8-12% depending on how your genetics are) before you determine whether or not you have loose skin. I am currently about 15-16% body fat and already it doesn't seem like I have loose skin like I thought. Granted, I have been losing weight over a matter of years and I have youth on my side, but since you probably still have weight to lose anyway, it might be worth a shot to get down until you can see your abs. Though surgery might still be the only option as the amount of time you have been overweight, the speed of your fat loss, and your genetics play a big role in the elasticity of your skin.

Either way, good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads