• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickInTO

Reaction score
Quote:
I'm wondering the same thing myself. I've been so out of the loop with this thread.

I've been looking for a discounted travel kit. I've wanted one for a while, but I'm not so keen to spend over $100 on one...

Sharpe

Reaction score

is any site selling the 256 on a decent discount these days?

I'm looking out for a 257 in brown on discount - revolve comes the closest with free shipping + the discount for first time orders... but they don't have brown =\

Shinoda

Reaction score
Hi guys, was wondering if you guys Could help me out. I'm planning to get a bag for gym, and I've been looking at the sportsman and the medium duffel bag. Any idea which online shop offer the best price or discount currently?

Thanks for the help :slayer:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, was wondering if you guys Could help me out. I'm planning to get a bag for gym, and I've been looking at the sportsman and the medium duffel bag. Any idea which online shop offer the best price or discount currently?

Thanks for the help :slayer:
From what I have read, the medium duffle bag will be too big for the gym.

Catalyst

Reaction score
Can someone post pics of the Filson small duffle in BROWN. I can't seem to find any pics in real world lighting.

Thanks!

CAPT LOVE

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is not a good day for me. I received an unidentify Filson bag from my uncle(no reference and no similar thing on Filson site) which I would like to post its freshly taken photo for your expert eyes.

This is my very first post here, and I already run into multiple trouble with the way this forum doesn't allowed me to post any photo. Where it ask about copy right crap, and when I submit(that it is not copy right), it just spunned indefinately. Is there an easy way around it?

Thanks in advance.

CAPT LOVE

Reaction score
Okay, I got it fixed finally!!!

The bag is brand new, my uncle got it from Filson dealer in LA called Seed People's Market, where he gave them my specific instruction for a 232, but he received this one from them instead.. The price he paid for was US 220, and the receipt shows "medium field bag" which is obviously incorrect.

I tried to check in Filson site for the description, but found no model similar to it. FYI, this creature measures 20" x 13" x 7" (roughly, as it does not held its shape that well) Which is HUGE.. Did I got a better deal than I ask for, or totally ripped off?

Thanks in advance.
Bick

gnu

Reaction score
^I believe its a couple years years old. If you look back 3-4 pages some one else asked about the same bag. Remember FIlson is always changing their styles and discontinuing what isn't selling. Given that its similar to Pullman and you payed about half of that, and that this bag is actually pretty awesome, you got a hell of a deal.

CAPT LOVE

Reaction score
Thanks gnu, I did look it up and it is indeed a discontinued 242 "Large Carryon" retail for over twice what I paid for.

But still, although this deal is no doubt a steal, I could not help but thinking, what I really ask for and really wanted is just a darn 232. As I am on a frequent business trip to Africa, a 232 and a beat-up hard shell American Tourister are all I need. And this 242 is far from being my solution.. Yes maybe I'll get to use it on short vacation once or twice a year, but that's about it.

Trouble is, I am residing in Bangkok Thailand. And it is sure just across a small volume of water from the shop in Southern LA. What do you guys think I should do? Should I keep it knowing I got an awesome deal? Or should I try to contact the Seed People's Market, and what would be a solution left for me?

Any comment/suggestion are warmly welcome.
Bick

vestbash

Reaction score
Okay, I got it fixed finally!!!

The bag is brand new, my uncle got it from Filson dealer in LA called Seed People's Market, where he gave them my specific instruction for a 232, but he received this one from them instead.. The price he paid for was US 220, and the receipt shows "medium field bag" which is obviously incorrect.

I tried to check in Filson site for the description, but found no model similar to it. FYI, this creature measures 20" x 13" x 7" (roughly, as it does not held its shape that well) Which is HUGE.. Did I got a better deal than I ask for, or totally ripped off?

Thanks in advance.
Bick

This is the Filson 242, retail was $455 according to unionmade, you got a good deal.
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/filson_Large_Carry-on_Bag_242_2113.html

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah but not a good deal on the item he actually wanted.

CAPT LOVE

Reaction score
Thank you for all of your comment,

What if I want to ship the 242 back to Seed People's Market(where my uncle pick it up under my instruction, I called the store a few days prior to ask them to check their stock, they confirmed that they have the 232 medium field bag in Tan, abd would reserve it for me). Given that it is the store's fault in misslabeling, would I be entitled to any compensation eg, free exchange/shipping of the correct 232 bag to me in Thailand? What option do I have(if at all any).

Thanks
Bick

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Given that it is the store's fault in misslabeling, would I be entitled to any compensation eg, free exchange/shipping of the correct 232 bag to me in Thailand? What option do I have(if at all any).

Thanks
Bick

Well, Bick, I would think so, but why the hell are you asking us? Ask the store; only they can tell you how they will rectify the situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads