• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this next batch of ts going to be the same cut as the last? Are you guys working on a more tapered t?

I was also wondering when the taper might be going into effect. I wanna buy a ton of your tees once you get the taper down.

Table

Reaction score
Don't taper yet! I gotta stock up on medium crews before the taper goes into effect. They are perfect right now. Here's a quick pic.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like the tees to be an inch longer and have a taper, but that is just me.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few pics of the hardware on the backpacks. I am pretty pleased with it.
It is not perfect. Dozens of loose threads, scratches on the leater, the screws on the hardware are striped,... However, this just adds to the character. This is really a fantastic bag.
2h531gi.jpg

11io1f8.jpg

2q32hxc.jpg

2mzfscw.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi I have a question about the invite procedures. Apparently my friend's invite page says that he only needs 15 friends for a free t shirt while mine says 20. Is there a difference between my account and his?

stick

Reaction score
They're split testing which one is more effective at driving users to refer others.

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few pics of the hardware on the backpacks. I am pretty pleased with it.
It is not perfect. Dozens of loose threads, scratches on the leater, the screws on the hardware are striped,... However, this just adds to the character. This is really a fantastic bag.
2h531gi.jpg

11io1f8.jpg

2q32hxc.jpg

2mzfscw.jpg

I'm sorry, but what the ****?

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Quick and lousy fit pic of the v-neck in grey. The chest looks tighter than it is thanks to my super-awkward pose. I'm 6'1" with a 40" chest, and I'm wearing a medium.

Ideally it would have some taper in addition to some added length in the sleeves and body. The depth of the v also doesn't look very significant on me, which probably holds true for most taller people.

Kc2bi.jpg

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I don't know anything about the business behind what you guys are doing. However, if I was you, I would focus more on your accessories than shirts and sweaters.
There are many options for super cheap slim fit tees and sweaters. H&M and Target can offer slim fit cotton tees for less than $10 or half that on the clearance rack. Right now there are a bunch of slim fit sweaters on the J Crew, BR, and Gap clearance racks for less than $20.
You also have the problem of your tees being perfect for half this thread and unwearable for other half. You will have the same problem with sweaters. I for one will never be able to buy a sweater or long sleeve item from you. My arms are too long. I would need a medium tall which you guys couldn't offer.
The reason the backpacks sold out so fast was because nobody was offering anything like it for $50. Nobody is making made in New York ties for $35 or MIU tote bags for $30. I would focus on stuff like this.

Nobody else makes a tee under $50 that has the extra length of the everlane tee, which is why I and others are buying them.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VERY GOOD!!!
ETA on the belts? Are the socks going to be sized?

Socks are in the very early stages of development, we are still vetting sources. Belts are tentatively going live at the end of the month. It's a pretty unusual design - so there's actually a decent amount of editorial material involved. We just finished photography on them and I will post the finished shots as soon as they are ready.

agreed, something like this: http://www.mrporter.com/product/181463 , keeping it under 100 could be an issue though.

You'd be surprised at what's possible for under $100. For something like that, the main cost to us is the upfront technical design and development. We design everything we make from scratch - we make our own designs, patterns, and specifications. Something like that bag you linked to can be made, but the design of all the complications takes a lot of time and effort.

Honestly, I think you guys should just stick to making quality basics. Keep that menu small and focused, instead of diluting your brand with other things people can find elsewhere. Especially if you're only trying to offer certain items to get them under a particular price. You appear to be on to something with your business model, and aside from some minor fit critiques(seems people want longer and more taper?) there's something here. I'm sure there's a lot of people, even non SFers would be more than happy to pay 2-3 times what places like Uniqlo and H&M are charging for basics like tees and underwear. I mean come on, AA charges more and there stuff isn't entirely anything to write home about.
In terms of bags, anything on the horizon in black? I'd love to snag that weekender you mentioned for Mexico next month, and a regular pack just for running around the city with a light load when I don't want to be a tech ninja in TAD gear lol.

Our plan is to sell mainly t-shirts and other basics with accessories as the thing to keep the collection fresh and interesting. The weekender probably won't make it in time for your trip, we just have initial samples and it's like the 4th thing on our product schedule.

I was also wondering when the taper might be going into effect. I wanna buy a ton of your tees once you get the taper down.

The taper will go into effect alongside the summer shirting colors - so not this restock, but the next one.

The only tshirts I see in stock are in size XS. Anyone know when they'll be getting more?

We are restocking this week - processing all the units is taking longer than we want, so tentatively Friday.

Hi I have a question about the invite procedures. Apparently my friend's invite page says that he only needs 15 friends for a free t shirt while mine says 20. Is there a difference between my account and his?

They're split testing which one is more effective at driving users to refer others.

Yes, stick is correct. In the industry, this is called A/B testing. We have multiple versions of every promotion/site design element and show them to different customers at random - the ones that result in the most sales/invites win and compete in the next round of tests.

A really good example of this is Jimmy Wales staring at you asking you to donate to Wikipedia - they A/B tested that against dozens of other treatments and that's the thing that drove the most donations.

I'm sorry, but what the ****?

We tumble our packs a little bit as the last step of the manufacturing process, and we don't put plastic stickers on the hardware, in order to get a more rugged look. It's not really pre-distressed, but it comes out of the box having already been put through a little abuse.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

are the french terry sweatshirts still coming out today?

Sweatshirts and restocks are going live tomorrow. Some of the shipment boxes were mislabeled, so it's taking us longer than we anticipated to count and sort the units.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads