• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What I want to know is where all these people shop who are upset about "consistent fits". I don't know any mid level brands who have consistent fits across the board. Maybe in a staple product they have been making for years but certainly not across the board. 

I don't have any experience with Everlane yet, but wouldn't you say that someone like Uniqlo or Ralph Lauren (Not sure what your idea of mid level brand is) has pretty consistent sizing on something like T-shirts. If you buy a regular fit t-shirt from either at one or two years apart wouldn't you expect the sizing to be the same? I think the issue is that people are buying shirts from when Everlane started releasing them and they have adjusted the fit to reflect feedback and the sizing has been inconsistent that way.

I don't remember if this was this brand or not, but I know people were also having sizing issues with Kent Wang shirts where shirts in different colors but same style were sized inconsistently.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw the preview of the wool scarves, and while they look pretty cool, I'm concerned about the fit. Should I stick with my normal scarf size or size down one? I'm afraid the chest will be too tight and the waist too loose, and I hate when my scarves billow out at the waist. Plus, the way the model wears the scarves, they seem to have a pronounced hip-flare. Maybe you guys could post measurements? Chest, shoulders, and sleeve length are all I need. Thanks

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
I just saw the preview of the wool scarves, and while they look pretty cool, I'm concerned about the fit. Should I stick with my normal scarf size or size down one? I'm afraid the chest will be too tight and the waist too loose, and I hate when my scarves billow out at the waist. Plus, the way the model wears the scarves, they seem to have a pronounced hip-flare. Maybe you guys could post measurements? Chest, shoulders, and sleeve length are all I need. Thanks
You're fcking hilarious. A much needed break from all the penny pinch bitching.

MetManChris

Reaction score
I got my cashmere sweater today in grey M. A beautiful sweater, and very nice material, but its way too big on me. Disappointing, as the M tee shirts fit me. Now the smalls are all sold out, so I can get a refund, but not the item I would like. :(

koor

Reaction score

I got my cashmere sweater today in grey M.  A beautiful sweater, and very nice material, but its way too big on me.  Disappointing, as the M tee shirts fit me.  Now the smalls are all sold out, so I can get a refund, but not the item I would like. :(

Get ready for the ShiroiAkuma rant about how Everlane is the best, you are wrong, your entire bloodline is wrong, every person on the continent your ancestors came from is wrong.

WhiteFox

Reaction score
obviously you have no sense of humor. must be a ********...
Woah, that's clearly rig...I mean racist.
dozingoff.gif
Honestly, these kinds of statements really aren't funny. They just make you seem like an ignorant twat.

Last edited:

MetManChris

Reaction score
Get ready for the ShiroiAkuma rant about how Everlane is the best, you are wrong, your entire bloodline is wrong, every person on the continent your ancestors came from is wrong.

The irony is that I'm a huge fan of the company! I have probably a dozen pieces from them. The sweatshirt in M I have is a bit big on me, but I'm cool with that, as I don't think a sweatshirt is supposed to be fitted. A sweater, more or less, should be.

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Got my shirts and sweaters today. Sweaters are a big score. I went with my same t shirt size S and the fit is great. The shirts didn't fit so well, the biggest problem for me is the flare at the bottom, way too much extra fabric. I'm not sure what skinny guy has hips that big. The arm length and sholders fit well.

I really wanted the shirts to fit, the fabric is good and the price is great.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my shirts and sweaters today. Sweaters are a big score. I went with my same t shirt size S and the fit is great. The shirts didn't fit so well, the biggest problem for me is the flare at the bottom, way too much extra fabric. I'm not sure what skinny guy has hips that big. The arm length and sholders fit well.
I really wanted the shirts to fit, the fabric is good and the price is great.

After thinking about it for awhile, I came to the same conclusion.

I'm keeping my terry but sending all the shirts back. I was really hoping they would turn out great, but size small fits great in the body but too small for my shoulders and arms, and size medium just the opposite. Medium is not slim enough and too long.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm actually a fan of the oxfords.

Last edited:

Ketawa

Reaction score
How is the sleeve length and chest on the sweaters in size large?

I tried out the OCBDs and posted measurements earlier. They were too tight in the chest for me, but sleeve length was about right. If anyone owns both, how do the the sweaters compare?

I'm intrigued since Everlane's size chart lists the same chest and sleeve length for both, but it sounds like the sweaters are looser in the chest. I might try out one of them.

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
I just received both orders today with sweaters, half a dozen Ox's and more t-shirts, but since I also received a few inches of snow I'm been busy trying to swap the winter wheels on the Evo.
I'll upload photos when I get home from the office tomorrow.
First thoughts, I really love how the sweaters come in a drawstring bag. So far they seem to be a good value at the price point, I'll post photos comparing them to my Black Label V necks.

The Oxfords seem on the thinner side to me (for a F/W shirt) perfect for 3 out of 4 seasons IMO. The fabric seems to be very good quality, soft yet sturdy.
Improvements to make the next run perfect (IMO).
- two ply fabric
- same buttons but cut 1.5X thicker
- cross stitch on the buttons
- half the amount of hip flair
- sleeves could be slightly shorter
This is me nit picking a $55 made in USA OCBD shirt apart, IMO it's certainly worth the price although if the next batch is made in China I won't be ordering any regardless.

Nan, any way to switch back the white t-shirts? The new optic/bright white shirts don't have the same hand as the nice natural colored ones, the new V-neck is much shallower (which I like but I'm sure a lot will not) & much improved construction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads