• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who got the cpo this season, what do you think about the new extra pockets on top of the big chest flap pocket, useful? bothersome? not really noticeable?
I usually wear them unbuttoned at the top and wondering if those new small pockets will impede the collar from spreading open evenly on both sides, make sense?
Also, hows the weight/thickness on the olive flannel cpo? and if you own it, what do you think about the white placket on the backside of the snaps, does it mess up the aesthetic?

Tia.

Last edited:

Brattman

Reaction score

For those who got the cpo this season, what do you think about the new extra pockets on top of the chest flat pocket, useful? bothersome? not really noticeable?

Personally, something that really drew me to this piece was the addition of the extra pockets. I think that detail really separates the EG CPO from the herd. I wouldn't say I've found them to be useful or bothersome; just a cool design aesthetic. With that said, I could see them being useful to those who use them...I just never really use chest pockets.

I usually wear them unbuttoned at the top and wondering if those new small pockets will impede the collar from spreading open evenly on both sides, make sense?

I wear mine unbuttoned at the top as well, and have no issue with the collar not spreading evenly on both sides.

Also, hows the weight/thickness on the olive flannel cpo?

I'd say it's "medium weight". I usually wear mine with another button down shirt underneath, and find that it's a warm enough layer for 5-10 degrees Celsius.

and if you own it, what do you think about the white placket on the backside of the snaps, does it mess up the aesthetic?

I think this point is really a matter of opinion. I wouldn't say that I've ever considered that detail to mess up the aesthetic of the piece overall, but it may or may not be a detail that you like personally.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've tried FWK stuff and it is cut slightly different. They button up the same as men's though, left over right. Size 2 is more or less equal to XS.

Good to know. I find myself wanting to wear the fwk 19th century shirts. I like the length. May be weird though. Anyone have a line on a list of fwk stockists?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the comments brattman, guess I'd just like it a bit more if that back snap placket had been khaki, brown or olive instead of white as the wihte strips just seem to jump at me when they're noticeable in the pics.

xander_horst

Reaction score
Engineered Garments has a history of white snap back plackets on olive CPOs. See the example below from the SS season of '11 (I think):

I have the wool CPO from AW12 as well, and I can see where a more subdued color for that placket might be nicer, but its a minor squibble.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah same reason I recall I passed on the ss one even though I was hyped for the olive color, then the olive came back for fw and I saw the corduroy collar change and just wished it would include the under-snap placket like on the coleman.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

IndependenceChi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that we are running a 30% off sale on Engineered Garments F/W '12.

Here is what we still have available...

19th Century Button Down --- Brown Floral ------------------ Large
Work Shirt -------------------------- Indigo --------------------------- Large
Duffle Coat ------------------------- Navy ---------------------------- Medium, Large
Bedford Unlined Whipcord --- Olive --------------------------- Small, Small, Large
Tab Collar Shirt ------------------- Indigo --------------------------- Small, Small, Large
19th Century Button Down --- Chambray ---------------------- Large
CPO Jacket ----------------------- Olive ----------------------------- Medium, Medium
Ground Crew ---------------------- Olive ----------------------------- 30
Ground Crew ---------------------- Navy ----------------------------- 30, 30, 34

For pictures and pricing check out our website -- http://independence-chicago.com/brands/engineered-garments/

For any questions, further information, purchasing call the shop at 312.675.2105 or email us at [email protected]

Independence

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gary still has some options for Medium and Large in FW12 at 30-40% off:

Mediums (minus the CPO shirt):

Quilted Chesterfield Coat / Navy Wool Uniform Serge

Large:

Workshirt in indigo denim

Western Shirt in blackwatch (pictured above)

Lined Bedford Jacket / 60% Poly - 40% Wool Grey Homespun Jersey

Navy 20oz Melton Baker

Quilted Chesterfield (pictured above)

xander_horst

Reaction score
Jack Straw is having a sale on Saturday only, up to 70% off. Checked in with them in regards to their remaining EG stock. They have a Chino Twill Khaki Shop Coat, originally $495 now $150, in size Medium. I hadn't seen this piece at any other US shop and it seems pretty rare - could be a good opportunity for someone here.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jack Straw is having a sale on Saturday only, up to 70% off. Checked in with them in regards to their remaining EG stock. They have a Chino Twill Khaki Shop Coat, originally $495 now $150, in size Medium. I hadn't seen this piece at any other US shop and it seems pretty rare - could be a good opportunity for someone here.

Any chance they have any XL stuff left?

workhorseblues

Reaction score
Did you happen to see the aviator jacket or the sweatpants there?

Thanks!

Did you happen

dareone

Reaction score
spoke to maresa a few days ago over at jackstraw. not a whole lo of eg items left, but this was the list she gave me (as of thursday):

padded vest XXL
wool striped vest xl
charcoal glen plaid sportcoat L
green aviator jacket xl
khaki shop coat m (last spring)
baker jacket in olive xxl & L

JilSlander

Reaction score
Someone needs to jump on that Homespun Bedford that Gary has on sale.

Such a fantastic piece; I doubt that fabric will ever be used again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads