• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Energie Dream Polo - Seams are crooked...normal?

quick90

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have lurked style forums when I've been bored for the last few months. Anyways, I recently purchased an Energie Dream polo from here:

http://www.ssense.com/Energie-Men-Po...ite_Polo/12560

When I got it, after quickly trying it on, I found it was too loose in the body. So I took it to a local seamstress, and got her to take in the sides. Anyways, after trying it on quickly there, I take it home, try it on, and notice the right seam is straight, but goes forwards on an angle around an inch by the time it reaches the bottom of the shirt (towards the front), and the left seam goes towards the back around an inch by the time it reaches the bottom of the shirt.

So I call her up, and she said she noticed it, but said the shirt was like that when she got it. She said sometimes it happens when clothing companies try and cut corners. She said if I wanted to, I could drive back and she could she me two straight strips of fabric. She said each side had the same amount of fabric taken off. Anyways, I didn't bother driving all the way back, cause I figured she was telling the truth.

so either

a) she's lying and screwed up
b) she's telling the truth
c) energie purposely sells the shirt with a *unique* seam.

Please let me know what you guys think and whether or not you have heard of this before. I appreciate the help.

Braden

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think its the tailor man. I've had a tailor mess up my shirt before and made the sleeves skin tight. I had to go back and have them fix it.

Just the fact that one seam went forward and the other back sounds like the tailor did it to me. Why didn't you just try shrinking it in the wash first?

quick90

Reaction score
Hmmm, well my I asked my mom she said it was common enough for seams to be like that...it's in the wash right now i'll see how it comes out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads