• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the same suit! It's the cord suit from the previous season.

Interesting... We didn't have a tan cord suit last season? We have one coming for FW17 though

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting... We didn't have a tan cord suit last season? We have one coming for FW17 though

But I sampled one! That is the stone cord you bought for trousers. I have the American jacket sample in my closet and we gave the trousers to Hooman Majd for helping us with the shoot.

Last edited:

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did that happen?
The seller has some hookup for Isaia samples and one-offs, I guess. Great guy, ships tracked & insured ASAP. I have this at the tailor right now, thanks to him:

IMG_3586.JPG

ferdsje

Reaction score
IMG_0988.jpg

Anyone knows where to find online the eidos strap or Belgian loafer in brown chocolate (size 6 or 6.5)?

Just seen them in charcoal color on Malborg Ecom, but not really convinced about the color

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naples isn't really a hassle to get to - it is effectively the Southern terminus for Italy's north-south high speed rail. Well, I think there may be one more southern spur, but a ton of trains go to it. I used it to do days trips to Capri and Pompeii as I didn't have a ton of time to research Naples as my original plans didn't involve going that far south. Buy an umbrella at Talarico

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The seller has some hookup for Isaia samples and one-offs, I guess. Great guy, ships tracked & insured ASAP. I have this at the tailor right now, thanks to him:

View attachment 787184

Isaia is selling that guy our Milan sample collection to resell.

View attachment 787223
Anyone knows where to find online the eidos strap or Belgian loafer in brown chocolate (size 6 or 6.5)?

Just seen them in charcoal color on Malborg Ecom, but not really convinced about the color

You should send Christian a note. We no longer work with him but he has rebranded this style the Portofino and continues to sell it, so you may be able to have him make them in suede.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello fam,
i'm going to florence next month, is naples worth the hassels to pay a visit to? any recommendations on places to go, food to eat etc.

I want so bad to like Napoli lol. We had some bad experiences there. I've been told they have one of the best archaeological museums, actually—maybe that'll be my reason to give it another shot. Or maybe I need someone to just show me around haha. Toughest thing is getting around as a tourist without a car—buses are lame, there is limited underground infrastructure, it's too big to walk unlike Florence, and taxis are a racket. But if you're a traveler who isn't really bothered by those annoyances, probably worth going to, even just to eat some pizza!

everyday

Reaction score
Is the description of this jacket at saks correct?

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524447071165

It says it is wool and has a back vent, but to me it looks like the slub linen/cotton Augusto:

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/eidos-slub-linen-augusto-jacket-in-brown-and-white/

Same or not? @NickPollica

Did you ever get this Jacket? I have seriously never received so many random compliments than on this jacket. On the street, in stores, male, female, black, white, young old. It's such an awesome jacket.
IMG_20170525_1800357.jpg
IMG_20170525_1759405~2.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summer dinner jacket isn't only for formal events...

IMG_4409.JPG

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 787673
killer. i actually had in mind to wear it with a striped breton if i had held onto it—i was somewaht inspired by the Ischia collection, I think, where zeph was wearing a tan or olive breton with that sweet DB Ciro navy boucle with black shantung facing lapels tuxedo jacket. i tried the white jacket with a regular navy breton and it was great.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did you ever get this Jacket? I have seriously never received so many random compliments than on this jacket. On the street, in stores, male, female, black, white, young old. It's such an awesome jacket.
View attachment 787625
View attachment 787624

I'm saying. One of my favorite fabrics ever and a major let down at retail. I still can't figure it out.

View attachment 787673

Careful, I was nearly crucified by the SF rules committee for suggesting a dinner jacket could be worn in such a way.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful, I was nearly crucified by the SF rules committee for suggesting a dinner jacket could be worn in such a way.
I'll watch your back if you watch mine!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads