• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very cool.

I reckon that Eidos is to Isaia as Sartorio is to Kiton? (At a better price point)

Just a suggestion, but you're going to have your work cut out for you beating this company in the Google search results. Although defunct, they have a 10+ year start

eidos-logo-header.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidos_Interactive

I knew that I'd heard the name Eidos somewhere before! Thanks for reminding me, and thanks for the nostalgic trip down memory lane!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I reckon that Eidos is to Isaia as Sartorio is to Kiton? (At a better price point)

That's a comparison I've been using frequently to guys who know clothing. That said, obviously our pricing structure is very different. The name was one of the only things I was given coming into the project as Isaia already owned the rights to it for clothing and apparel.

So what's the value proposition, a lower price point?
From the website, the collection looks like practically
every other "Neapolitan" RTW vendor this year. I have
several Isaia suits/ sportcoats, but jumped ship a couple
of years ago when the cut changed from the Sirio/Stuart
models. I love the quality but don't like the models and fabrics
available the San Francsco Bay Area.

Just a quick aside - According to the higher ups here at HQ, the S in Isaia's widely available "S" body stands for Sirio and the three models have the same fit. That said, I have developed 3 new tailoring silhouettes that are completely different (and frankly, I think much better) than Isaia's current offering. One of my goals for this collection was not to design a super fashion forward suit and sell it in uninspiring fabrics (think ZZenga), but to create a timeless, elegant silhouette rendered in interesting fabric that not only looks great now but can be worn for the rest of wearer's life.

The way I see it, the value proposition is that we're making a timelessly beautiful cut, fully canvassed garment that is made in Italy accessible to a much broader spectrum of guys.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a comparison I've been using frequently to guys who know clothing. That said, obviously our pricing structure is very different. The name was one of the only things I was given coming into the project as Isaia already owned the rights to it for clothing and apparel.
Just a quick aside - According to the higher ups here at HQ, the S in Isaia's widely available "S" body stands for Sirio and the three models have the same fit. That said, I have developed 3 new tailoring silhouettes that are completely different (and frankly, I think much better) than Isaia's current offering. One of my goals for this collection was not to design a super fashion forward suit and sell it in uninspiring fabrics (think ZZenga), but to create a timeless, elegant silhouette rendered in interesting fabric that not only looks great now but can be worn for the rest of wearer's life.

The way I see it, the value proposition is that we're making a timelessly beautiful cut, fully canvassed garment that is made in Italy accessible to a much broader spectrum of guys.

My Siro/ Staurts of maybe 5 years ago+ fit me very differently than what Nieman Marcus
and Saks in San Francisco began stocking a few years back. The then "new" cut was (is)
two buttoms with a shorter, closer fitting jacket and somewhat built up shoulders. Mine
are three buttons and a looser fit. I actually had the little padding reduced in these suits/jackets..

I look forward to seeing your new collection.

Last edited:

lamber

Reaction score
It all looks wonderful. Is there any update on the rollout? I would love to see more of their clothes.

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some off topic
allegedly,Michelangelo is owned by Isaia too
so is there any relationship between Michelangelo and eidos?
and which have a higher quality?
Thanks

Dave510

Reaction score
Apparently GotStyle in Toronto now carries some of the Eidos collection. I am going to check it out this weekend.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

some off topic
allegedly,Michelangelo is owned by Isaia too
so is there any relationship between Michelangelo and eidos?
and which have a higher quality?
Thanks

Michelangelo is the factory where the Eidos tailored clothing is produced. The factory no longer produces garments under the Michelangelo label but continues to make private label goods for many other brands at all different levels of make. All the non washed garments in Eidos collection are made with a full canvas construction.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked the Isaia guy at Barney's about Eidos and he was shocked. He asked me how I knew the name.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, guess there is a reason for me to go back to Bloomingdales after all, will try to check out this weekend and report

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I asked the Isaia guy at Barney's about Eidos and he was shocked. He asked me how I knew the name.

It doesn't surprise me that all the Isaia retail associates don't know about it. We're keeping it entirely separate as its a different idea. There is no mention of Isaia anywhere on our garments. We don't want it to feel like a diffusion line because it isn't. I genuinely believe that our silhouettes stand up (and in many cases surpass) to the best things available in the market, at any price point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads