• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, I am in need of some size advices, as I'm contemplating adding the Dover E606 in country calf to my collection, but I have never tried on the 606 last.
For reference I wear the Chelsea 202 D8,5/9 and Beaulieu 82 E9...based on this which size would be most suitable on the E606 Dover?
Thanks

I take exact same size on all 3 lasts

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That is the Sassetti Passo, available for $395 at Nordstrom. If you buy the Rlpl version, called the Denver, expect to pay $1250 for the same exact shoe. @Namor did an analysis of this awhile back

where can I see the analysis? I have the cheap cheap version and I also tried the RLPL version on, to me at least they felt different. I also got the Sassetti for Bergdorf Goodman that's cost in between the "cheap cheap version" and RLPL price, the BG one does feel nicer than the "cheap cheap" one, though I can't honestly say if it's inferior or the same to RLPL one (msrp 650 vs. RLPL msrp over 1k, I got at quite a bit discount, like <300 I remember couple years back, the cheap cheap one I got off ebay for <125)

edit: never mind I saw the link
http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-p0rn-central-part-ii/13095#post_5610211

though I have to say my version (off ebay for <125) is definitely "lighter" than the one from RLPL and leather doesn't look quite on par

Last edited:

Goodman

Reaction score
I also got a pair of the Sassetti's at a Bergdorf sale a couple of years ago. They retailed for $800 and I paid what Clee did. It's a fine shoe for sub $300 but not worth $800 or even $600.

luc13

Reaction score
Rosewood, lovely Rosewood!

luc13

Reaction score
oh man, I'm just not sure if I made ​​the right decision ....
I have instead of a Galway / Dover a jacket from Aero Leather ordered because the shoes with something should be worn together ....

Rosewood is like DO. there is not enough

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, I am in need of some size advices, as I'm contemplating adding the Dover E606 in country calf to my collection, but I have never tried on the 606 last.
For reference I wear the Chelsea 202 D8,5/9 and Beaulieu 82 E9...based on this which size would be most suitable on the E606 Dover?
Thanks

If you wear a UK8.5 D202, I would suggest the Dover in UK8.5 D606.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I take an E 8 in the 202 and 64 last and 8.5 in a all the other last but it also depends on the shape of your feet. Best to try on a pair before you buy, what may be a good fit for me does not mean it will be the same for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads