• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pandaologist

Reaction score
I owe a debt of gratitude to buddy Jordi who traveled all the way from Netherlands and wasn't selfish to leave one shoe space for me and proxy me a pair of Chelsea Oxfords in Dark Oak on my favorite 202 last.
bounce2.gif

Can't wait them to arrive to Germany. In the meanwhile, he sent me a tease photo!

@hoodog I hope You are happy for me.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Great! So glad to see you get something! That is a beautiful shoe. We'll need more photos when it arrives :)

If I'm not too busy I may be going tomorrow, I don't expect there will be too much left. Are you still interested in more?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I Can't wait them to arrive to Germany. In the meanwhile, he sent me a tease photo! @hoodog I hope You are happy for me.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
A beautiful shoe.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My fellow EG aficionados, I am ordering a couple of EG MTOs and have finally after much agonizing come up with the following specs. Any thoughts re: changes that might work a little better would be welcome:

1) Oundle

82 last
Burnt Pine Antique Calf
Single leather sole
Light Antique Edge trim
Complementary antiqued buckle
Forest Green leather liner

2) Shannon with no cap toe and brogued trim along the upper. Incorporation of toe medallion instead of captoe. It should be a tweaked Shannon model, similar to the following:
http://leffot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DSC_00143.jpg

82 last
Burgundy Antique Calf lower
Mink Suede upper (is there a different suede that might work better?)
HAF soles
Antiqued eyelets and speedhooks
Light Antique Edge trim
Burgundy Antique Leather Pull Tabs
Burgundy leather liner

Thanks everyone for all the enabling. Excited when these finally arrive in the summer.

how did these come out. love the non-captoe shannon

@CHRK33

nmoore82

Reaction score
Just been to sale... and left with a pair of dark oak 'Chelsea' Oxfords
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Very pleased as they are my first pair from EG - albeit, one or two very small blemishes on the side but these are hardly noticeable.

Size 9s and 9.5 didn't have as much choice but still a nice selection avaialble... However, there are still a lot of gorgeous shoes available going up to size 8 and 10+.

When I was queuing to pay, I overheard that they may be getting "a few more" in this afternoon. Hopefully this might give comfort to anyone looking to head over there this evening or over the weekend.

jas0nt

Reaction score
Anyone still willing to proxy? :) Can reimburse you for your time and effort.

I'm after some Dovers/Ectons in DOAK 8UK.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 Anyone willing to see if they have an Inverness Burgundy UK6.5 PM me ????
Long time no see @kev777! Good luck with picking a pair up! I think a have the exact pair you're looking for, size and everything:
9525609225_777525cc0b.jpg
If you get a pair of Inverness we'd be twinsies!

Last edited:

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Anyone willing to see if they have an Inverness Burgundy UK6.5 PM me ????
Long time no see @kev777! Good luck with picking a pair up! I think a have the exact pair you're looking for, size and everything:
9525609225_777525cc0b.jpg
If you get a pair of Inverness we'd be twinsies!
Hi mate, been dipping in now an again just been busy.... Oh so you drop a pic in just to pi** me off :) That's them tho and you look good in them my friend !!!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love a Nevis, but not in CC. Rosewood or antique something (forget the name...chestnut?) on Dainite and a unique lining.

NewStart

Reaction score
Just been to sale... and left with a pair of dark oak 'Chelsea' Oxfords
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Very pleased as they are my first pair from EG - albeit, one or two very small blemishes on the side but these are hardly noticeable.

Size 9s and 9.5 didn't have as much choice but still a nice selection avaialble... However, there are still a lot of gorgeous shoes available going up to size 8 and 10+.

When I was queuing to pay, I overheard that they may be getting "a few more" in this afternoon. Hopefully this might give comfort to anyone looking to head over there this evening or over the weekend.
So I could not resist the temptation and came again today. Luckily there wasn't any damage - Apparently they do re-stock periodically, but Brogue on Burgundy are not something up for sale :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads