• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do you have a B&S post open at least? someone buy his shoes so he can get a pair of galways from Leffot or Axels in colorado. im not selling mine :D

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Last time I was there the Galway (and other boots) were listed at £770. I suspect there will be a slight upcharge for the Nevis due to the hand sewn apron, in the same way that there is an upcharge on the Dover with respect to the standard EG shoe line.

thats expected, i guess. i love the Nevis so much I could take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant

ap10046

Reaction score

do you have a B&S post open at least? someone buy his shoes so he can get a pair of galways from Leffot or Axels in colorado. im not selling mine :D

That's just plain mean! LOL
Seriously, though, thanks for the bump! I do have an open post....earlier post edited to reflect it.

Last edited:

ap10046

Reaction score
Mainly...?
This

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your email.

It would not be possible to change the colour from Burnt pine to Dark oak. We could make them a little darker but it would not be as dark as the Dark oak calf.

If you would like to go ahead with this, we can arrange for the boots to be collected and returned by DHL. The charge for collection/ repolish and return is £105.

Kind regards

Robert Willis
Sales manager

Edward Green and Co
75 Jermyn Street
London"

ap10046

Reaction score
I would not have thought twice of picking them up, instead of harassing you to sell me yours!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why are you obsessed with dark oak. they could make it probably a shade darker. not worth $20 even though

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im addicted so in no way am i judging you :)

ap10046

Reaction score
Oh judge away...just do it while you sell me yours! hahaha..just kidding...!

ap10046

Reaction score
The ones at Edwards of Manchester are working out a LOT cheaper than either Axel's or Leffot...BUT, they are the suede shaft with leather soles, whereas the others are like yours..
I have written to them all, Steven doesn't have stock ready, neither does Stirling, but says should be in within 2 weeks..
The only issue is the Edwards ones are F width, so am a bit hesitant...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im a US12D and my galways (82 last) are a UK11. They fit like a glove. the F with might work for you. the suede is great. double leather, yes? different vibe to that boot, just as great.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn right! guess what im wearing tomorrow! lol

i got Galway on mah mind. Galway..

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads