• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I prefer rosewood cc over Zug. I love the red undertones.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely want the Beaulieu... Holding back from picking those up since I already committed to 3 (maybe a 4th if the dark oak Shannon order goes) EG's in the past couple of weeks... a Beaulieu would make 5 and that's just a LITTLE crazy...
We need a YouTube of this being performed!
Bought my wife an e-reader; I think now she'll let me pick up some more shoes. :)

lol D.

I was going to order the same exact Beaulieu but if I go in on that Shannon with you I will have purchased... 7 vass/eg/gg shoes in the past month after having zero of any of them before... I think 8 is a little crazy no.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Standard offering is on the 82. It can be MTO'd in 202 or 888 as well, without incurring TD prices.

I think the 82 works well actually; the 888 would be a close second for me.

lol D.

I was going to order the same exact Beaulieu but if I go in on that Shannon with you I will have purchased... 7 vass/eg/gg shoes in the past month after having zero of any of them before... I think 8 is a little crazy no.

You know I went Shannon first... the Beaulieu is a stock model so there will always be something available. The Shannon on the other hand is VERY seasonal and until the past couple of seasons, only MTO.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually the Beaulieu hsa been one of my "grail" shoes but I've been vaccillating between colors (burgundy vs. slate/gray/etc.)
I know you haven't asked for advice, but my experience shows that I always regret buying high end shoes in anything other than browns, blacks and burgundies. The grays/greens/blues/etc always end up getting a back seat in the closet after the novelty wears off, which is pretty quickly IMO. But others can (and will) disagree.

But I know the Maestro SFTG has my back on this point. I learned this lesson from him
worship.gif

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know you haven't asked for advice, but my experience shows that I always regret buying high end shoes in anything other than browns, blacks and burgundies.  The grays/greens/blues/etc always end up getting a back seat in the closet after the novelty wears off, which is pretty quickly IMO.  But others can (and will) disagree.

But I know the Maestro SFTG has my back on this point.  I learned this lesson from him :worship:
I understand your point. I find blues harder to work; blue suit and blue shoes appear too much for me. Grays on the other hand works better for my suit/trouser combinations.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually the Beaulieu hsa been one of my "grail" shoes but I've been vaccillating between colors (burgundy vs. slate/gray/etc.)

I know you haven't asked for advice, but my experience shows that I always regret buying high end shoes in anything other than browns, blacks and burgundies.  The grays/greens/blues/etc always end up getting a back seat in the closet after the novelty wears off, which is pretty quickly IMO.  But others can (and will) disagree.

But I know the Maestro SFTG has my back on this point.  I learned this lesson from him :worship:

Yes. I do. :nodding:

I can appreciate the non-traditional colors; they are just not for me.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard offering is on the 82. It can be MTO'd in 202 or 888 as well, without incurring TD prices.

I think the 82 works well actually; the 888 would be a close second for me.

lol D.

You know I went Shannon first... the Beaulieu is a stock model so there will always be something available. The Shannon on the other hand is VERY seasonal and until the past couple of seasons, only MTO.

I own the Beaulieu in Burgundy Antique on the 82. I generally like the 82. However, for this model I think the 888 or the 202 (narrow width) would be even better.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many on this thread sing the praises of the 64 last. I am not one of them. I would suggest you see the 64 last IRL and try them on before making a nonreturnable purchase.

Thanks. I love it but have not seen it in person. I've checked out the 82 last galway but I'm looking for a country boot for casual wear.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Need some sizing advice as I'm strongly considering the Westley Richards Rosewood Galway. If I'm a brannock 11D US, would I go for a 10 or 10.5 UK in the F64 last? At that price, it's very tempting.

http://usastore.westleyrichards.com/edward-green-galway-rosewood-country-boot

I went with my Brannock on the F64 and I really like the fit. I am 8.5US Brannock and I went UK8 (which is labeled 8/8.5)

If you are concerned about the width, take a look at my post from when I got mine. I took some measurements to compare the width to other shoes in my stable. Not an exact science but may offer some insight.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zug question???

For those getting their boots early I'd like to get your impressions in regards to how thick the leather actually is on these boots. It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures, but from other Heather Gorse boots I have seen posted the leather was fairly thick.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodan11#