• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't say - I only know my 82 size, nothing else. Let's see if anyone else is interested. My plan is to proceed by end of May (alone or otherwise) at the latest.

I'm very interested and May is a perfect time-frame for me. I wonder if Brooks Brothers has any EG shoes on the 82 last?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yes. Galway on 82 last. Order online and return or go in but they only have at certain location (Madison Ave NY for example).

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure does. You're in?

Seriously leaning that way. Mostly still fretting over sizing, as this will be my first EG purchase. With a blucher I can sometimes go with standard width, but (in GC and G&G at least) I generally fit a wide best. Mostly due to a high instep.

I'll get with Leaves on PM and figure it out...

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Yes. Galway on 82 last. Order online and return or go in but they only have at certain location (Madison Ave NY for example).

These?

Link to EG Boots on BB

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Note: Does not have to be E width, any width will actually work. We'll stock this model up if we get enough participants so the minimum 6 consecutive pairs will be covered by us, so go crazy with the widths. :) Just remember that 202 is a quite generous last.

Leaves, does this mean that for group MTO's only the first six or whichever minimum it is for a given manufacturer has to be the same width but any subsequent pairs over that minimum can be any width?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to getting my first pair of EGs, and i need some sizing help.

I have read that GG & EG sizing is identical, but had also read that some lasts need to be sized down. Is there a good thread to brush up on lasts and sizing differences? The beginning pages of this thread did not bare any last or sizing info...

More directly, i am a UK 10.5 G width in GG, what size recommendation would i get for the 606 & 888 last?

charliechan

Reaction score
Looking to getting my first pair of EGs, and i need some sizing help.

I have read that GG & EG sizing is identical, but had also read that some lasts need to be sized down. Is there a good thread to brush up on lasts and sizing differences? The beginning pages of this thread did not bare any last or sizing info...

More directly, i am a UK 10.5 G width in GG, what size recommendation would i get for the 606 & 888 last?

I wear the same size in EG 888 as in GG. But I am a standard width. The 888 feels slightly snugger though.
I don't have the 606.

namdaemun

Reaction score
This may be a silly question but all of my EG's are a width F but for some reason this shoe is a width D. Can someone explain whether this is a 11 D US or a 11 D UK? I'm 99% sure it should be the latter but the 'D' is throwing me off.

Thank you

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves, does this mean that for group MTO's only the first six or whichever minimum it is for a given manufacturer has to be the same width but any subsequent pairs over that minimum can be any width?

Correct. That's the policy EG has. All makers have different policies.

Last edited:

cwh812

Reaction score

Pre-order for the Shannon VIII is now open: (X-post from our thread)
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/pre-order-edward-green-shannon-viii-in-dark-oak

Awesome. I gotta say though that I am quite confused about the use of the number system for the Shannons. I've heard of the Shannon II and Shannon III which have slight variations to where brogue-ing is, but I have not heard of or seen the Shannon IV through VII. Leffot is ordering the Shannon IX for F/W 2014. Why is EG willing to make so many variations of this boot - are they willing to do that to other models if there is enough interest through a GMTO?

The Shannon VIII looks quite attractive - looks like a hybrid between the Shannon and Galway. With all these boot options need to make a decision - Group MTO or Shannon or Galway.

Looking to improve

Reaction score
The Shannon VIII pre-order which seems to have B1-soles, made me wonder. Now I'm trying to figure out EG's different leather soles:

1. Single
2. B1 - 1.5 soles tapering to 1 at the waist
3. HAF - 2 (double) soles tapering to 1 at the waist
4. Double - 2 soles front to end.

Can anyone confirm? Add? @Leaves perhaps?

That Shannon VIII also had me daydreaming of a dress make-up: black & nutmeg suede. Still, there are so many other EGs I'd like :embar:

One more for the list!

MtB

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members