• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Fray Shirt

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I've read on here I believe they're quite highly regarded, that looks like a very good deal...

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Admit it, you bought the shirt for the little girl in the Superman shirt in picture 6. Sicko.

Seriously, WTF?

bjm

Reaction score
Yes not sure what that is about, very weird I agree.

Originally Posted by DoTheGrownup
Admit it, you bought the shirt for the little girl in the Superman shirt in picture 6. Sicko.

Seriously, WTF?

laughwithm3

Reaction score
The ebay seller mazolia puts a photo of kids/family in all of his auction. Never understood why, i'd go with close-up shots of big eyed puppies

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he says it's made for Neiman Marcus but the index photo says "cucita a mano per Trillion Palm Beach"
confused.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DoTheGrownup

Seriously, WTF?

Originally Posted by bjm
Yes not sure what that is about, very weird I agree.

The seller, Mazolia, is a real bullshitter that hypes everything to death, and I don't think she's particularly knowledgeable about fine clothing. The quoted retail price of $530 for a RTW Fray shirt is BS and I bet she knows it. She always says stuff like" the solar system's finest fabric" and things like "what sets this ....... apart from all the others on Ebay is ....". And she does stuff like selling Zegna fabric suits as "Zegna" suits, and being deceptive about shell cordovan and the color cordovan. And she always includes a "family picture like the one linked!

But having said all of that, you probably got a good deal. Fray is excellent, and she starts her auctions at $.99, so her prices are truly what the market will bear. You should be all right.

She also uses the phrase "satisfaction guaranteed" often in her listings as she does here., and as she has in your purchase. To me that would indicate a no questions asked money back guarantee. But when I emailed her to ask about it ( I was going to bid on one of her auctions ), she said that the phrase only guaranteed the accuracy of her description. Seemed deceptive to me so I didn't bid. But it seems like when push comes to shove she will issue a refund.

Having said all of that, I think you will be fine with your Fray shirt and Good Luck. Let us know what you think when you get it.

PS: I noticed that someone simultaneously posted that the auction says "Made in the USA". Where is that? Also the example of the shirt's label saying being made for Trillon or her saying made for Neiman Marcus are examples of her sloppiness in her descriptions.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
also, i've come across fake Frays, believe it or not. the dead giveaway is the buttons. Fray has very distinctive, thick ass buttons. when you get it you should check.

i do know for a fact that Fray makes shirts for Trillion so that's a good sign

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
also, i've come across fake Frays, believe it or not. the dead giveaway is the buttons. Fray has very distinctive, thick ass buttons. when you get it you should check.

Nah, I doubt a knock off very highly, you are an experienced seller.

It's a remote possibility that she unknowingly sold a knock off Fray shirt ( not that she would care ).

But a knock off with a label that says " Fray, Cucita por mano per Trillon, Palm Beach" would be a million to one.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
odds are, you guys are right. just a note for buyer beware...

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi

They have different lines and makes for various stores. The buttons are different per line. There is really no chance of someone faking a very obscure high-end shirt maker (have you ever seen these in quantity RTW for sale anywhere?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads