• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Case. Decide for yourselves.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man
I don't know why so many people here are so confident that the original poster will win the case. Personally, the original poster concerns is that the seller would lie the eBay and say that these damaged suits are NOT the same ones that she sent to the original poster.

If this is the case, it would be extremely difficult to fight back.

Anyway, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. It sucks, but you will learn from this BIG TIME.

I don't know if this is a good tip to prevent this from happening to you and any of us. What I would do is to get a video recorder and get everything recorded from the second that you receive the box until you actually can see what is inside the box.

From personal experience (many times over)

- eBay does not give a **** if the seller is lying or not - they side with buyer 99% of time in a SNAD case
- What will he learn big time? Theres nothing to learn - he bought in good faith and received a shocking disappointment. Nothing to learn there
- Ive had a $2K SNAD, videotaped the opening of the box, was nothing but soap bars and catalogs inside. Went all the way to the top and said I had video evidence of the opening, they did not care, ask or want to see it (I lost the case).

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
From personal experience (many times over)

- eBay does not give a **** if the seller is lying or not - they side with buyer 99% of time in a SNAD case
- What will he learn big time? Theres nothing to learn - he bought in good faith and received a shocking disappointment. Nothing to learn there
- Ive had a $2K SNAD, videotaped the opening of the box, was nothing but soap bars and catalogs inside. Went all the way to the top and said I had video evidence of the opening, they did not care, ask or want to see it (I lost the case).

WAIT

You are saying that you were a buyer and had videotaped evidence and ebay still didnt give a sh*t?????? There is something clearly wrong with this scenario then.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
WAIT

You are saying that you were a buyer and had videotaped evidence and ebay still didnt give a sh*t?????? There is something clearly wrong with this scenario then.

No - I sold a 2k dress, they filed a SNAD, I smelled bullshit from the beginning and called my agent to preempt some bullshit and said I smelled fraud. To back that up, I videotaped the opening of the box when I got it back (of course I lost the case and the money the second I signed for the package) and showed the garbage the box was stuffed with. I appealed the decision, and said 5x to them that I had video evidence of it, and they could give two *****. And I was a top rated seller/platinum powerseller.
ffffuuuu.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No - I sold a 2k dress, they filed a SNAD, I smelled bullshit from the beginning and called my agent to preempt some bullshit and said I smelled fraud. To back that up, I videotaped the opening of the box when I got it back (of course I lost the case and the money the second I signed for the package) and showed the garbage the box was stuffed with. I appealed the decision, and said 5x to them that I had video evidence of it, and they could give two *****. And I was a top rated seller/platinum powerseller.
ffffuuuu.gif

Honestly, these stories are disheartening. I mean, how can people be so f*n shady. If I was younger, and trust me I'd do this, I'd find the bastard and beat the sh*t out of them. LUckily, I'm not a little kid/punk anymore. This type of behavior if pathetic. All for a $2k dress????

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Honestly, these stories are disheartening. I mean, how can people be so f*n shady. If I was younger, and trust me I'd do this, I'd find the bastard and beat the sh*t out of them. LUckily, I'm not a little kid/punk anymore. This type of behavior if pathetic. All for a $2k dress????

This is just one of many stories. I should start an eBay horror story thread. Although once I sold a Dolce & Gabbana shirt with a blinged out Superman on it for like $400 to some ****** in Italy. Same thing, he filed a SNAD, sent back some 1980s faded and ripped Superman shirt that would be a dishrag usually, and won the case.

Rumor has it that mysteriously he received a similar shirt, carefully wrapped around a steaming turd inside a few weeks later from an unknown PO box a few miles away, sent no signature required. Thats what I heard, anyhow. Dont know much else about it.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is just one of many stories. I should start an eBay horror story thread. Although once I sold a Dolce & Gabbana shirt with a blinged out Superman on it for like $400 to some ****** in Italy. Same thing, he filed a SNAD, sent back some 1980s faded and ripped Superman shirt that would be a dishrag usually, and won the case.

Rumor has it that mysteriously he received a similar shirt, carefully wrapped around a steaming turd inside a few weeks later from an unknown PO box a few miles away, sent no signature required. Thats what I heard, anyhow. Dont know much else about it.

lol8[1].gif

AE7

Reaction score
Hey guys, the case is won, the prepaid return postage label is also provided.

Pictures or any other additional information was not required.

It is nice to be an honest ebay buyer.

Really appreciate your support!

A.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I'm glad that eBay let you win this case.

This may sound a stupid suggestion, but I would be more extra careful with who you are dealing when you decide to buy things off eBay next time. What I'm saying is please look at the feedback and the history of the seller.

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man
I'm glad that eBay let you win this case.

This may sound a stupid suggestion, but I would be more extra careful with who you are dealing when you decide to buy things off eBay next time. What I'm saying is please look at the feedback and the history of the seller.

Actually, the seller had 70 positive feedbacks both as a seller and as a buyer. Plus sold items were really random stuff, so I thought it is a fair offering.

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Just curious, did the seller ever refer to it as a "Z Zegna" suit? In the quote in the OP, it mentions "Ermenegildo Zegna," which is a different line entirely. I'd consider that worth mentioning too.
The suit was sold as "Ermenegildo Zegna Men's Suit - New" (pls. see my first post). But I would not mind even a Z Zegna, had it been new. Whilst buying it it I was under impression that the seller simply does not know the difference. Now I think it is possible she did it on purpose.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'New with tags' normally means it's a fake with Ebay, obviously this is a new definition of the phrase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads