• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you think this is a date?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
B00003CX9D.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I knew someone would eventually make that reference. Comparing me to Ben Affleck is insulting. Go die, Matt!

cmrocks

Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with female friends! Of my good friends, I would say that 60% are female.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Heyyo GQ-

I hope you don't mind if I give you some advice about this matter
teacha.gif
but I am a little afraid that you'll fall for this girl
confused.gif
. Its very difficult when you begin to love someone in that way when they can't feel the same
frown.gif

My advice is to cut it cold turkey because this will only leave a broken heart in the end.

-Danny Wilson

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GigliGeek
I knew someone would eventually make that reference. Comparing me to Ben Affleck is insulting. Go die, Matt!
what do you mean eventually? I was quick with that ****
smile.gif
Its ok dude... I will be your Banky. Now where did I put my velvet jacket?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
Heyyo GQ-

teacha.gif
confused.gif
. Its very difficult when you begin to love someone in that way when they can't feel the same
frown.gif

My advice is to cut it cold turkey because this will only leave a broken heart in the end.

-Danny Wilson

I'm trying to decide if this is irony.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
what do you mean eventually? I was quick with that ****
smile.gif

Its ok dude... I will be your Banky. Now where did I put my velvet jacket?

Just noticed the gigligeek comment... If I were in vietnam i'd cut out your tongue!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Just noticed the gigligeek comment... If I were in vietnam i'd cut out your tongue!
If you were in Vietnam I'd get you a straight girlfriend and we wouldnt have this problem

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
If you were in Vietnam I'd get you a straight girlfriend and we wouldnt have this problem
lol8[1].gif

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube

Word!

Originally Posted by wilson brother
Heyyo GQ-

teacha.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif

-Danny Wilson

Physician, heal thyself.

ccffm1

Reaction score
I know where you're coming from with regards to being friends with a girl that's dating other guys, but it's a different situation if she's dating girls. There's none of the "what's he got that I don't have?" psychology. The answer is simple: a ****** ;p

I´m sorry to read that your date it didn´t turn out satisfactory in every respect. Even if it might sound ironic, I´m very serious when I say that your decision to content yourself with a friendship takes a degree of integrity and greatness of mind which I was never able to raise in similar situations. I really hope that this girl won´t have a sudden change of mind any time soon, rediscovering that a heterosexual relationship can have its specific merits. The precedents are numerous.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube

Hello Dakota-

maybe its ironic that I had the same experience
confused.gif

-Danny Wilson

oldseed

Reaction score
here's what the OP, god bless his soul, did wrong. (1) ask us about her. indicates lack of confidence, which probalby couldn't help but be communicated to her in their interactions, and classified him in that class women call "chump". this class has no hope of sex. (2) put her on a pedestal before he even knew her. see above reasoning regarding "chump". u need to know a girl before u pedestalize her. and when u know a girl, u wouldn't pedestalize her either. (3) let her cancel meetings. if she cancels, you need to cancel in turn. a hot chick especially. (4) pedestalized a hot chick. this is an absolute no-no. hot chix cannot be pedestalized by any means. they are pedestalized on a DAILY basis. the key is NOT to pedestalize her, and to talk to her EXACTLY as a friend would; which is to say, be harsh when harsh is called for; nice when nice is called for; and rarely compliment looks. he would have then differentiated himself from the pedestalizing masses, and the hot chick would have seen him as something other than a chump. namely, a real man with opinions and fun to hang out with, who knows her for the PERSON she is, not the WOMAN she is. this would, paradoxically, bring out the woman in her and cause her to offer and want sex. emotion connection=sexual connection nuff said, good luck next time, yes, it was a date, and you screwed it up. seed
musicboohoo[1].gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldseed
here's what the OP, god bless his soul, did wrong.

(1) ask us about her. indicates lack of confidence, which probalby couldn't help but be communicated to her in their interactions, and classified him in that class women call "chump". this class has no hope of sex.

(2) put her on a pedestal before he even knew her. see above reasoning regarding "chump". u need to know a girl before u pedestalize her. and when u know a girl, u wouldn't pedestalize her either.

(3) let her cancel meetings. if she cancels, you need to cancel in turn. a hot chick especially.

(4) pedestalized a hot chick. this is an absolute no-no. hot chix cannot be pedestalized by any means. they are pedestalized on a DAILY basis. the key is NOT to pedestalize her, and to talk to her EXACTLY as a friend would; which is to say, be harsh when harsh is called for; nice when nice is called for; and rarely compliment looks. he would have then differentiated himself from the pedestalizing masses, and the hot chick would have seen him as something other than a chump. namely, a real man with opinions and fun to hang out with, who knows her for the PERSON she is, not the WOMAN she is. this would, paradoxically, bring out the woman in her and cause her to offer and want sex.

emotion connection=sexual connection

nuff said,

good luck next time,

yes, it was a date,

and you screwed it up.

seed
musicboohoo[1].gif

That's a whole lot of assumptions considering you've met neither one of us and weren't present for any of our conversations. What I say to her and what I say to the guys on this forum are two very different things. Here I'm perfectly comfortable saying that I think she's gorgeous and an absolute blast. However, if you think that I was fawning over her and that she still gave me her number you're on crack. IF I had been doing that, I would have creeped her out from the start just like 99% of the guys she meets that immediately start hitting on her. The fact is that I make her laugh (a lot) and that I take plenty shots at her and she does enjoy spending time with me. I've rarely mentioned her looks. Of course, you had a transcript of the conversations so you know how often i complemented her looks and agreed with everything she said
sarcasm.gif

As for the cancelled meeting (it only happened once, and then it was I who didn't have time)... Ya I suppose I would have been much more successful at bedding her (since that seems to be the only worthy goal in your mind) had I acted like a petulant child and followed-up by cancelling on her b/c work required her to leave the country for a couple weeks. Believe it or not, not everyone subscribes to the rules of becomeaplayer.com or whatever site you came from ;p

I'm sure you fall in to the category of guys that think all a lesbian needs is a good pounding to convert back over. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but some lesbians are in fact real lesbians, and not bi or confused heteros. Could things have gone differently had I approached her in another way? Perhaps, but it's iffy. Before I got in to this situation I knew a gay friend of hers that told me I had a very little chance (for obvious reasons) and he told me to proceed with caution so as not to end-up heartbroken. I posted here for different takes on the situation, not due to a lack of confidence. When two different people tell you a girl is a hardcore lesbian and not to get your hopes up, yet she gives you her phone number and accepts your invitations, it causes you to wonder what's up.

As much as I would have loved to report back that I converted a really hot lesbian, my ego isn't tied up in this, and unlike the idiots on those other sites your visit, i've never felt much need to brag about conquests. It's actually a big part of the reason why I prefer female over male friends. There's a lot less bs, most of which is invented or exagerated.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have to say that at least 8 of the 10 funniest posts on this MB are from Globetrotter.

I do not think that I was ever just friends with a really hot girl. It would have been impossible for me. In reality, my friends were always guys.

aw, shucks.....
blush.gif

ts4them

Reaction score
That's a whole lot of assumptions considering you've met neither one of us and weren't present for any of our conversations. What I say to her and what I say to the guys on this forum are two very different things. Here I'm perfectly comfortable saying that I think she's gorgeous and an absolute blast. However, if you think that I was fawning over her and that she still gave me her number you're on crack. IF I had been doing that, I would have creeped her out from the start just like 99% of the guys she meets that immediately start hitting on her. The fact is that I make her laugh (a lot) and that I take plenty shots at her and she does enjoy spending time with me. I've rarely mentioned her looks. Of course, you had a transcript of the conversations so you know how often i complemented her looks and agreed with everything she said
sarcasm.gif

As for the cancelled meeting (it only happened once, and then it was I who didn't have time)... Ya I suppose I would have been much more successful at bedding her (since that seems to be the only worthy goal in your mind) had I acted like a petulant child and followed-up by cancelling on her b/c work required her to leave the country for a couple weeks. Believe it or not, not everyone subscribes to the rules of becomeaplayer.com or whatever site you came from ;p

I'm sure you fall in to the category of guys that think all a lesbian needs is a good pounding to convert back over. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but some lesbians are in fact real lesbians, and not bi or confused heteros. Could things have gone differently had I approached her in another way? Perhaps, but it's iffy. Before I got in to this situation I knew a gay friend of hers that told me I had a very little chance (for obvious reasons) and he told me to proceed with caution so as not to end-up heartbroken. I posted here for different takes on the situation, not due to a lack of confidence. When two different people tell you a girl is a hardcore lesbian and not to get your hopes up, yet she gives you her phone number and accepts your invitations, it causes you to wonder what's up.

As much as I would have loved to report back that I converted a really hot lesbian, my ego isn't tied up in this, and unlike the idiots on those other sites your visit, i've never felt much need to brag about conquests. It's actually a big part of the reason why I prefer female over male friends. There's a lot less bs, most of which is invented or exagerated.

Well DAMN! I guess you told him, lol!! What a perfect response; I hate it when people make assumptions based on very little info, drives me crazy. FWIW, I don't think things could have gone differently had you approached her in a different way- you weren't too aggressive but you let her know you were definitely interested ( that's a good approach).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads