• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you guys still listen to the radio?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
He sounds exactly like what he is - an unintelligent, ex-mediocre jock. His speech sounds like a mongoloid fourth-grader trying to impersonate William Shatner. He's breathtakingly ignorant. He seems to do absolutely no research at all for his show. His arguments are so stupid and full of holes. When he's flailing due to ignorance or a caller destroying his argument, he either hangs up or suddenly decides that something's racist. "You want to talk about the effectiveness of the two-gap defense? What's that? Er...I mean, it's racist. Don't deny it, it is. So, about Barry Bonds...."

Reading this is just entertainment to me lol. I think I may send you a list of names and just see what you have to say. Hilarious stuff!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
NPR on the way to work.

Rush Limbaugh if I am going to a mid-day meeting (he makes me laugh, at least as much at him, as with him)

Depending on my day, NPR or if I am pissed off, heavy 90's alt, grunge, or rock from a CD

iPod in my office, usually a podcast of lush ambient

At home, I have turned away from XM, as the channel format seems to change and I can never get just the perfect lush ambient/chill/light electronicia I prefer for sitting in the hot tub and drinking to, so now it's my iPod plugged into my pool/patio system.

My wife's new Mercedes came with Sirrius and from what I have seen, I am thinking of getting a home kit too.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listen to Radio Nova (my favorite French radio station) on my Sonos system

clubbyjones

Reaction score
Sirius 35: Chill.

Pretty much listen to that when I'm in the car. Otherwise, I'll catch bits of Limbaugh if its between 11-2.

athletics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I still listen to talk radio...usually Adam Corolla for a bit, then switch to Howard Stern on Sirius then back to the free radio for a couple afternoon shows, then back to Sirius for some tunes

I don't listen to much radio, but I do download the Adam Carolla show everyday via podcast. You can't beat the Ace Man, I've been listening to him since back in the day and we both have the same disorder where we notice everything, hyper vigilance he calls it.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only listen to radio while driving. And only listen to WNYC (NPR NYC affiliate) WQXR (classical station owned by NYTimes).

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by athletics
I don't listen to much radio, but I do download the Adam Carolla show everyday via podcast. You can't beat the Ace Man, I've been listening to him since back in the day and we both have the same disorder where we notice everything, hyper vigilance he calls it.

To each his own. I rather passionately hate Adam Carolla, if only for his Loveline work. Everytime Drew would be about to answer a really interesting or thought provoking question, the following would usually occur:

(suspiciously familiar) Caller - "is it unusual to have an extreme obsession with pics of underage Japanese schoolgirls?"
Drew - "well, in some soci-"
Adam - "HEY! I JACKED OFF FOUR TIMES TODAY. HAAHAHA! No really, I did!!!"

I wanted to hurt him. He was like the little kid that always interrupted the grown-ups talking.

Man Show was pretty good though.

Reaction score
XM Satellite Radio in the car
Internet radio or MP3s at home.

As far as regular radio, it's unlistenable here, other than the government-funded, commercial free stations.

Commercial radio:
Cutesy dumb jock with fake radio voice
Wannabe edgy radio jock with fake voice
Dumb sound effects (wacky horn, star wars lazers, distortion plugin from cool edit for deep voice guy, etc)
commercials that make me want to engage in a ****/murder/**** again spree

Hole - typically on a morning zoo type program, there are two guys who will try to be dirty (as dirty as the FCC will allow anyway, i guess that means they can say ***** a couple of times an hour, and talk about poo). The 'hole' is a woman introduced to reign in the wackiness (cue wacky horn). Usually by saiyng, OH MY GAAAAWWWD you guys, stop it, LOL! Referred to as a hole because just like black holes absorb and obliterate photons, so too does the radio hole absorb and obliterate lulz.

anyway

XM, Sirius are the only real options for the car.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I listen to Imus and WEEI Sports Radio (#1 in US for sports radio w/ Glenn Ordway:The Big Show w/ The Big O!)

I was curious to see if Imus would bring back Bernie -Bernard McGuirk and I see/hear he did. Despite his wickedly humorous Cardinal O'Connor shtick, he (and Rush) was one of the few people I'd have paid cash to have engaged martially. I guess Bernie has to behave now relative to the Black jokes considering that two members of the team are African American. Oh how one's world can change!
smile.gif

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I listen to Radio Nova (my favorite French radio station) on my Sonos system
Funny, my favourite local station here is called Radio Nova as well - it's the student radio, and known as the breeding ground for media talent. Also good for music, and they have brilliant film critics. In the car: Public news channel, classical channel, sometimes the "culture" channel. I prefer radio to CDs while driving, mostly because of the traffic updates. Commercial radio generally sucks, I find. At home: Classical channel, occasionally.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NPR pretty much exclusively.

i use the local country station to wake me up in the mornings though.

-Jeff

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I listen to the radio almost exclusively. I like that I can't control what I'm about to hear; expand exposure to new experiences, and all that. I listen to KCRW / NPR or indie 103.1. I also enjoy Adam Carolla's show, but it's hit or miss for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads