• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Ralph Lauren Polos shrink if put on high heat?

Rizzy Rich

Reaction score
Hi,

I put my Ralph Lauren polo (Newport Navy) in the dryer on high heat for an hour, not realizing that the reccomended heat for dark clothes is medium heat. I tried the polo on afterwards and it doesn't seem like it shrunk at all. I compared it to my other new Ralph Lauren polo, which is white with blue stripes and red icon, and they seem to still be exactly the same size. If Ralph Lauren polos shrink, how much do they shrink by? Does it take a few times to shrink them or does one time do it?

Thank you,
Richard

Rizzy Rich

Reaction score
Ok, well that's good because it's new and it already fits perfectly and I don't want it to shrink.

Crooow

Reaction score
It depends upon which factory that particular polo came from; the only way to tell is to look under the polo pony. If you hold the shirt with one hand and peel off the pony with the other, there should be either a green or red stripe. Green stripe means no shrinkage; red stripe means hand wash only.

Hope that helps.

Joe Cool

Reaction score
These shirts are designed to shrink only when washed after a full moon. If you haven't laundered and dryed your shirt within that limited window you should be fine.

But it might shrink anyways, just so you know.

Bump.

So watch out just in case.

Bump.

What?

Bump

Bu.. Never mind.

emc894

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rizzy Rich
Joe you have lost your cool.

That was good. They definitely shrink. I would wash cold and dry low. Lacoste shrink much more though. Brooks Brothers much less.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar