• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Distressed jeans to order.

FatController

Reaction score
Why can't I walk into a shop, select a basic wash pair of jeans, decide how distressed I'd like them to be from a scale of distress, maybe, and have them put through a machine there and then to attain my desired level of distressedness.(
laugh.gif
) I can speak to someone sailing up the Nile on my mobile and yet we can't do this yet. Or can we?

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can buy raw and distress them yourself to the desired level of distress. It's much more fulfilling that way.

I know ES has that custom jean program wherever they are located.. they might do something along these lines but I really don't know.

mikej77

Reaction score
Jean Shop in NYC on 14th Street does that. They have basic jeans in three fits. You pick out pics of what you want and they do all of the distressing and fading there.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatController
Why can't I walk into a shop, select a basic wash pair of jeans, decide how distressed I'd like them to be from a scale of distress, maybe, and have them put through a machine there and then to attain my desired level of distressedness.(
laugh.gif
)

Because then hundreds of Chinese sweatshop workers would be put out of work.

mikej77

Reaction score
I was not aware that ES did that as well. Their store is pretty cool though, located at 821 Washington St. in the meatpacking district in NYC.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
I was not aware that ES did that as well. Their store is pretty cool though, located at 821 Washington St. in the meatpacking district in NYC.
Please don't quote me on that
laugh.gif

TheCaptain

Reaction score
Levis did it for a while in London but I think it got to costly and time consuming. Just bury them in your back garden for six months and then drag them behind your car for a day or two.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Where does the jean shop denim and cut rank in the world of denim aficionados? I have purchased some belts and other small goods there in the past and the customer service was excellent-which i guess matches their prices?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics