• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Disneyland is too far!"

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Articles about a fake Disneyland here and here.
laugh.gif

With its slogan "Disneyland is too far," Beijing's Shijingshan Amusement Park features a replica of Cinderella's Castle, with staff dressed like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and other Disney characters.

None of this is authorized by Disney - but that has not stopped the state-owned park from creating its own counterfeit version of the Magic Kingdom in a brazen example of the sort of open and widespread copyright piracy that has Washington fuming.

The United States announced Monday it would file a case at the World Trade Organization over rampant copyright piracy in China, a practice which US companies say deprives them of billions of dollars each year.

But 31-year-old housewife Zhang Li betrays a typical Chinese attitude on the issue while chasing her young son around the park.

"I don't understand why that is such a big problem. Shouldn't others be able to use those characters besides [Disney]?" she asks.
SNOWHITE.jpg

7-dwarves.jpg

fake-minnie-donald.jpg

"Some have claimed that the park is illegally copying Disney's Minnie Mouse. However, the park's operators have insisted that the character on the right is not a mouse. It is a cat with very large ears!"
laugh.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
"Some have claimed that the park is illegally copying Disney’s Minnie Mouse. However, the park’s operators have insisted that the character on the right is not a mouse. It is a cat with very large ears!"
laugh.gif

Obviously, the man has never been to Disneyland.
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

fareau

Reaction score
Do any of the Chinese dialects have a word for piracy, and if so, how does it translate into English? It seems that, culturally, the Chinese seem to conceptualize and address intellectual piracy in a way that is significantly different than Western thinking and practice. I can't seem to open a newspaper, magazine, or watch a news television program without hearing about how flagrantly and unapologetically things similar to what is described in the above link occur in China.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing what kind of animal they claim Donald Duck to be.

JB

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
disneyland is so overpriced and overrated anyways. and they dont do anything special for their passport or c.c. holders, just try to take more of your money. unlike nordstrom or best buy , if you are a good customer they CATER to you , invite you to special events, give you free gift certs and etc.
disneyland is totally 100% profit minded , they dont care about the kids, they dont do anything for the community , just a big freaking satanic corporation.
my 2 cents.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconded. In all honesty, I hate Disney. They suck more than Michael Jackson at the Magic Kingdom on Kid's Day.

JB

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fareau
Do any of the Chinese dialects have a word for piracy, and if so, how does it translate into English? It seems that, culturally, the Chinese seem to conceptualize and address intellectual piracy in a way that is significantly different than Western thinking and practice. I can't seem to open a newspaper, magazine, or watch a news television program without hearing about how flagrantly and unapologetically things similar to what is described in the above link occur in China.

My understanding is that this is true. My university had (has?) a significant problem with Chinese graduate students who plagiarize without realizing why it's a problem. My department now holds multiple seminars (attendance required for all grad students) where plagiarism and it's consequences are discussed.

This may actually be the case that makes the US take action against China for the copyright infringement, etc. that has been going on for years, with our tacit approval.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Seconded. In all honesty, I hate Disney. They suck more than Michael Jackson at the Magic Kingdom on Kid's Day.

JB

I bet you're one of those people who hates Valentine's Day too. Or did you just not have a childhood?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I would be interested in seeing what kind of animal they claim Donald Duck to be.

JB

Perhaps they can resolve the classic "if Pluto is a dog what the hell is Goofy" question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads