• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discuss Swaine Adeney Brigg cases

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, that's the point! I had it made, brand new from the factory. You are looking at the results of one week's light wear. I carried it maybe three days, between the office, the car and court. 

I don't know if you got a lemon, or SAB's standards have really fallen off, but that bag is wearing badly and the finish is crap. I have a number of SAB pieces, the oldest is 10+ years old, and none of them are showing wear any where close to the one you have. My most recent one, a Peel attaché case, I purchased earlier this year through Mr. Porter, is of the same high quality as my older ones, and still looks brand new even after being used a dozen of more times since it's purchase. I would consider returning it to the retailer as the product clearly does not meet up to SAB standards.

montyharding

Reaction score
Here's my largely unused luggage tag that I had sitting in a drawer that I test-fed today using SAB's feeder (not had any issues case-wise).

I'd say there's a major problem somewhere in your case. Sure you didn't mistakenly switch the feeding compound with something else you had sitting around?

Also, anyone have any answers re the shoulderstrap pad I posted in a while back?

Last edited:

alugrp

Reaction score
Is the Westminster Wrap SS suitable for business casual? I don't wear a suit often, so I am worried that it might be too much.

MrLau8999

Reaction score
For the SAB Chesterford and Gladstone bag, anyone have experience or own one? Pictures would be great.

I really like both, but the prices at full retail are astronomically ridiculous. A discount would persuade me (ideally 30-50% off or more)

Anyone know the times of the yearly sales online? I live in HK, so obtaining one online is only option. This disclosure would be much appreciated to all of us SAB lovers.

Additionally, SAB's quality is legendary, and I understand their high prices, as these cases are seen as investment pieces rather than quick throwaway seasonal items.

christianch

Reaction score
For the SAB Chesterford and Gladstone bag, anyone have experience or own one? Pictures would be great.

I really like both, but the prices at full retail are astronomically ridiculous. A discount would persuade me (ideally 30-50% off or more)

Anyone know the times of the yearly sales online? I live in HK, so obtaining one online is only option. This disclosure would be much appreciated to all of us SAB lovers.

Additionally, SAB's quality is legendary, and I understand their high prices, as these cases are seen as investment pieces rather than quick throwaway seasonal items.

This is a quality item and, AFAIK, there is no such a thing like 50% off or more.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the SAB Chesterford and Gladstone bag, anyone have experience or own one? Pictures would be great. I really like both, but the prices at full retail are astronomically ridiculous. A discount would persuade me (ideally 30-50% off or more) Anyone know the times of the yearly sales online? I live in HK, so obtaining one online is only option. This disclosure would be much appreciated to all of us SAB lovers. Additionally, SAB's quality is legendary, and I understand their high prices, as these cases are seen as investment pieces rather than quick throwaway seasonal items.
Here's a few shots of my SAB Gladstone;

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a quality item and, AFAIK, there is no such a thing like 50% off or more. 

Yep. The best bet was through BB when they carried SAB under their own label. I got mine for 40% during the last retail crash.

HEPennypacker

Reaction score
OP here. I guess it's been about six years since I first began my quest for an SAB case, and about 5.5 years since I acquired my Westminster Wrap SS in London Tan. The fact that this thread is still going years later is a testament to the timeless nature of SAB cases and bags. I still carry the case every day to work, rain or shine, and its character has changed quite a bit over the years. I think it is developing a nice patina, and I still get frequent compliments.

I will admit that I should feed it more often. So last weekend, I decided to do just that and to take some new pics. My original unboxing post appears not to show the pics anymore, so I will also post a few of those for the sake of comparison.

Some original unboxing photos from February 2011:

Pre-feeding last weekend:

Post-feeding last weekend:

The color in the last two is more accurate than the first.

Last edited:

letsgofire

Reaction score
OP here. I guess it's been about six years since I first began my quest for an SAB case, and about 5.5 years since I acquired my Westminster Wrap SS in London Tan. The fact that this thread is still going years later is a testament to the timeless nature of SAB cases and bags. I still carry the case every day to work, rain or shine, and its character has changed quite a bit over the years. I think it is developing a nice patina, and I still get frequent compliments.

I will admit that I should feed it more often. So last weekend, I decided to do just that and to take some new pics. My original unboxing post appears not to show the pics anymore, so I will also post a few of those for the sake of comparison.

Some original unboxing photos from February 2011:

Pre-feeding last weekend:

Post-feeding last weekend:

The color in the last two is more accurate than the first.

Looks really amazing

SpeshD

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have the SAB Westminster 1? If so, do you have any pics of it? How do you find the size, is it big enough to carry a pad and some papers, and a phone, keys, pens, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

-Brian

partenopean

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads