• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior Denim

vincent

Reaction score
Hey,

I really like dior denim. I love the fit and also, i like the different types of denim.

It just seems that there is no other brand of denim that has similar models to that of dior. For intstance, I don't recall from what season but Dior has this grey/silver denim that have yet to find any other brand come out with.

Although I like dior...I simply do not find it reasonable to constantly pay 300 us for a pair of jeans.

Do you know of any other brands tha are similar in terms of fit and design?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincent
Hey,

I really like dior denim. I love the fit and also, i like the different types of denim.

It just seems that there is no other brand of denim that has similar models to that of dior. For intstance, I don't recall from what season but Dior has this grey/silver denim that have yet to find any other brand come out with.

Although I like dior...I simply do not find it reasonable to constantly pay 300 us for a pair of jeans.

Do you know of any other brands tha are similar in terms of fit and design?

This should be moved to the small question thread, we do get that question every two weeks....

A few brands that do tight and tappered jeans/pants (the signature dior look), a lotof them offer various colors and materials:

Julian Red
Cheap Monday
April77 (particularly nice for the price IMHO)
Cloak
Skull (Japanese denim)
H&M (sliq raw looks pretty good)
Acne
Balenciaga (more expensive than dior though...)
APC (forum favourite for good reasons)

I'm sure others will chime in....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, actually, to be more specific, the "Dior look" is actually an antifit top block with skinny legs and some stacking, sort of like an exaggerated APC look. The Diors only look tight in the top block on a lot of guys because they are not really wearing Diors to the best effect (i.e. they are wearing them a size or 2 too tight).

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
April 77 Sinners will give you a pretty good approximation of the Dior 19 look for about $150. Actually, I think Denim Bar carries them, so you can get 20% off that.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Well, actually, to be more specific, the "Dior look" is actually an antifit top block with skinny legs and some stacking, sort of like an exaggerated APC look. The Diors only look tight in the top block on a lot of guys because they are not really wearing Diors to the best effect (i.e. they are wearing them a size or 2 too tight).

Correct...I just stayed with a more general outlook. I think April77 out-dior diors in that are btw, the slouchy tops/waists are A+.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't diors low rise?

I always assumed levis slim straight were sorta imitation diors.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
Aren't diors low rise?

I always assumed levis slim straight were sorta imitation diors.

No on both counts. Diors actually have sort of a mid-rise, precisely because they're made to be slouchy and anti-fit. You can't slouch low-rise jeans very far before you're exposing things you really don't want to expose....

Levi's slim straight are just a slim, straight-leg, lowrise jean. Diors are a slim, mid-rise, tapered leg jean. And while they (Diors) look really really skinny in some of the classic Dior runway looks, a lot of that is just that the models are very very thin. The way they're actually *worn* by the models is looser around the leg in a lot of cases--slim, not tight--than you might think.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I have the dior 21s and for a bigger guy 6'3'' 220 they fit perfectly, actually looser than I anticipated, but it a good way. They can give the slouchy, slim/fitted, but are not overly tight look without making one look top heavy. Very balanced.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Granted they aren't really cheaper than Diors, but the new SExIH is based off the 21cm cut. To me that would make them the best approximation of a Dior as they are actually the same. Although the OP is probably talking about the 19cm not the 21 cm cut.

lowrey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
(i.e. they are wearing them a size or 2 too tight).

too high rather than too small, I'd say. for example I'm wearing a size I had trouble buttoning up at first, yet they're not even near skin tight in any place. however, if I pull them up a couple of inches, they're a lot tighter.

what goes for similar models, I dont know of an exact similar cut. Fuumas suggestions are some the closest ones, main differences being:

Julian Red - Californias are a bit more tapered then the dior 21's, wider back pockets I think
Cheap Monday - some models are skinnier and I think others might be a bit more straight and have a different rise
April77 - much skinnier
Cloak - haven't seen in person, but some similar cuts I believe, probably as expensive
Skull (Japanese denim) - 5507's are baggier, 5010's have a higher rise.
H&M - not familiar with
Acne - some similar slim cuts, but from what I've seen, they have a more "regular straight jeans" type of silhouette
Balenciaga - dont know, but as said more expensive
APC - New Standards are similar, but cut slightly wider in the thighs, denim isn't as nice.

so there are many straight, slim and tapered cuts, but I havent come across any that would be exactly the same.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
oh, dior -- how you fit so well. i just got some acne max's and they fit wonderfully in the top block. nice and low rise with a very complimentary seat . . . but still not the slouchy dior look i want *sighs*

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I considered buying some 21s but no selvage angers me for that price.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I considered buying some 21s but no selvage angers me for that price.

they do have selvedge 21cm. last season. they float around ebay now and again. but it's been said before, if you're buying 21cm, might as well save some money and get a pair of apcs. don't know how true that is, don't own a pair of diors.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
if self edge colloborated with someone again to produce a dior fit in something like eternal skull, or pbj denim i think i might shat myself on the spot.

21 oz iron hearts are not conducive to texas heat.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
they do have selvedge 21cm. last season. they float around ebay now and again. but it's been said before, if you're buying 21cm, might as well save some money and get a pair of apcs. don't know how true that is, don't own a pair of diors.

My apcs stack nothing like diors is the problem pols, or I wouldn't care. The denim itself just isn't conducive to that for some reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads