• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Destroyed canvas sneaker pr0n

cancel.sing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
This is really hard to believe.
I don't mind the requisite drop-ins from the SF Superiority Brigade in threads like this, but this is just silly. You find it "really hard to believe" that someone might comment on paint-speckled sneakers and ask for the story behind them? Really?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cancel.sing
I don't mind the requisite drop-ins from the SF Superiority Brigade in threads like this, but this is just silly. You find it "really hard to believe" that someone might comment on paint-speckled sneakers and ask for the story behind them? Really?

i think everyone has confused themselves with all the back and forth referencing of what is or is not stupid or interesting.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cancel.sing

Maybe not...just looking to instigate a bit during a rough day.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ssnyc
I'm noticing a theme: hideous and repulsive to any woman. I'd rather go barefoot than wear this shite.

Wrong. Regarding my white JPs, slightly broken in:

Pretty young lass outside record store: "I like your shoes!"

Another pretty lass, though not as young (my wife): "Yeah... I like those shoes."

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
second pair of JPs with about 6 months of wear:

dsc03886c.jpg

dsc03888.jpg

my first pair was horribly messed up, but i threw them away.

This is good. I aspire to this.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happy hooligan
Posted my Adidas...

DSC06360.jpg

i really REALLY wanted a pair of white ones of these my junior year. i think i saw some strokes interview or something...anyhow spent 8 months trying to find them on ebay, lost so many auctions... and then i was at a adidas outlet on my class trip the next year. there brand new shiny and awesome was a pair of white nizza hi's... i had literally just bought a pair of rod lavers the day before 6 hours away at a different mall. i was so pissed to be both a day late and a dollar short simultaneously.

cancel.sing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Maybe not...just looking to instigate a bit during a rough day.
I get it. Sometimes even I think my destroyed Purcells are kind of gross.
laugh.gif
I've never gotten anything but positive comments, though - usually from girls, since they're more likely to notice my shoes... Or at least more likely to comment.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They say the first thing a woman notices about a man is his shoes.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Joe Boxer (Kmart branded) copy of Chuck Taylors for $14.99. Literally like the same quality.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anybody have an update? My white JPs are a little more worn but not significantly. I wear them a fair amount, too.

Dentata

Reaction score
If anyone wants to vomit, I could post a picture of my PF Flyers that I wear to work. They are truly vile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads