• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deciding on an overcoat purchase between Orazio Luciano, Ring Jacket, or Loro Piana-thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated

barryzhang27

Reaction score
Cucinelli’s fabrics are exceptional and their outerwear are mostly full canvassed, but it’s piece dependent. Their fit is also exceptional. Honestly speaking, I don’t think many forum members have enough of a sample size to give a fair review. They do have less handwork than Kiton and Attolini, but to me the cut is much more flattering as RTW, which is why I prefer BC.

I do disagree about Cucinelli being more fashion forward than Kiton. My God, there is a lot of RTW Kiton garbage, which I won’t even get into..... I’d say for RTW, BC looks better than Kiton in general.
I’ve noticed from measurements I’ve been given that Cucinelli US 38/IT 48 is too big for me, and I would have to go with a 36 US. There’s hardly any overcoats being sold right now on the major listing sites (Ebay, Vestiaire, poshmark, Grailed etc) of Cucinelli pieces in 36 unfortunately

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
What you say is true, although I was thinking more in terms of a visual impression and not something explicitly noticeable just by the cut of the coat you’re wearing. For instance, would you say that there can be a visual difference between wearing horizontal vs vertical stripes? Commonly what I hear is that horizontal stripes have a widening effect on the wearer, whereas vertical can have a slimming effect. Now, I wouldn’t take this as any kind of certain knowledge to go off of though.

I will say, I was actually hoping to find a nice double breasted overcoat. There’s one currently listed on these forums in the classifieds (navy by ring jacket) but it appears as though the seller is no longer active on here. Bit of a shame, although since I don’t plan on purchasing immediately, I will keep looking to see if there’s anything that I like out there.

IDK. I think the stripes thing is overblown. This isn't to say that certain things aren't more flattering than others--worn right, tailoring can make your proportions look more favorable--but I don't think you can make yourself look much taller or shorter with what you wear. (I think pictures often suggest otherwise, but that is because we can't really see how tall someone is in a picture.)

As a whole, I think db coats are more flattering than sb coats. I think they do more for the shoulders and chest. Sb coats with lapels tend to make the chest and shoulders look smaller imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics