• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DC/NoVA Meetup

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
What are you guys availability during the week? I'm tied up tuesday and thursday this week (and possibly friday), however next week is open. So I'm thinking wednesday the 25th (if only going by my schedule) or we can try next week?

If we want to keep things simple maybe Gordon Biersch, Science Club, Russia House or Vinoteca?

I'm also open to The Gibson, of course. OR maybe Marvin

That place is a mess. I'm sorry but I don't feel like getting bumped into all night.

Invicta

Reaction score
What are you guys availability during the week? I'm tied up tuesday and thursday this week (and possibly friday), however next week is open. So I'm thinking wednesday the 25th (if only going by my schedule) or we can try next week?

If we want to keep things simple maybe Gordon Biersch, Science Club, Russia House or Vinoteca?

I'm also open to The Gibson, of course. OR maybe Marvin

Wednesday is out for me, but Russia House gets my vote for any future SF in DC meetup.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could be down for this. I'd prefer somewhere I can get a mixed drink (I don't drink beer or wine).

Tuesday the 23rd is out for me. Other than that, it looks like I'm free.

When is everyone off work? I leave the office at 5pm.

b

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe we should shoot for next week? We'll have a lot more time to figure out when we could get as many people together as possible.

The Gibson sounds like a spot you'd lke, Dawson. Or Russia House.

I normally get off work 5-5:30pm

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've had Gibson suggested to me before. I'd go for that.

b

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, I think we should go with The Gibson. I will do a count later in the week to see where things stand.

Everybody ok with shooting for next week? How about wednesday, March 4?

JoeWoah wants to come but he demands that we meet next week.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think we should go with The Gibson. I will do a count later in the week to see where things stand.

Everybody ok with shooting for next week? How about wednesday, March 4?

JoeWoah wants to come but he demands that we meet next week.

Have you had a large crowd at The Gibson before?

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think we should go with The Gibson. I will do a count later in the week to see where things stand. Everybody ok with shooting for next week? How about wednesday, March 4? JoeWoah wants to come but he demands that we meet next week.
Have you taken a relatively large party to The Gibson before?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, actually starting next week all of my Wednesdays are taken. Sorry. If that's the day that works, meet without me, but another day than Wed is my preference.

(Yes, I realize this is contrary to my earlier post. Sorry.)

b

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
scnupe: I understand The Gibson is pretty small, after I take the count if its more than 8 I'll suggest a change of venues.

rdawson: Any day next week is free, I just suggested wednesday. We can shoot for monday, tuesday, thurs...

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call the Gibson after you have the preliminary headcount. If they laugh and we're too big, find another spot.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
scnupe: I understand The Gibson is pretty small, after I take the count if its more than 8 I'll suggest a change of venues.

Not sure if you have been there before, but there are only 48 seats in the place and they don't allow people to stand around. 24 seats are for reservations only. The other 24 are for walk-ins. The 48 seats include stools are the bar, tables and booths.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jpea17