• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating pattern of women with money

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
why would a rich woman date a poor guy? she has to worry if he is after her money, and what does she get out of it?

Companionship and penor.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
I find in unnerving that women with money only date other men with money. By "with money" I'm referring to heiress with a minimum of 758M USD of potential inheritance. I see rich guys dating women of all social standing. Why are rich women so damn close minded? Yes, I was recently rejected by an heiress. She basically flat out told me "sorry, I only date men in my class."
Dude, anyone that horribly shallow about money should be laughed at. I should disclose that my significant other has much more money than I do, but her in the future that will change since she'll be having to change careers. I know that if I was a schmuck she wouldn't be with me, and that it's important to her that whoever she's with is good at what they do. Strictly speaking if I had to date again money wouldn't be the issue but rather competence.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Once upon a time, a king gave a feast. And there came the most beautiful princesses of the realm. Now, a soldier, who was standing guard, saw the king's daughter go by. She was the most beautiful one, and he immediately fell in love with her. But what could a poor soldier do when it came to the daughter of the king? Well, finally, one day, he managed to meet her, and he told her that he could no longer live without her. The princess was so impressed by his strong feelings that she said to the soldier: "If you can wait 100 days and 100 nights under my balcony, then at the end of it, I shall be yours." Damn! The soldier immediately went there and waited one day. And two days. And ten. And then twenty. And every evening, the princess looked out of her window, but he never moved. During rain, during wind, during snow, he was always there. The bird shat on his head, and the bees stung him, but he didn't budge. After ninety nights, he had become all dried up, all white, and the tears streamed from his eyes. He couldn't hold them back. He no longer had the strength to sleep. All that time, the princess watched him. And on the 99th night, the soldier stood up, took his chair, and went away.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
My wife's best friend used to say that. She's an ER doc. A few years of lonliness changed that. Now she has an unemployed live-in BF with a GED and a criminal record.

lulz, I've heard of and seen women who do this. They set up such high barriers to entry that when they eventually break down due to loneliness they end up dating the first guy that talks to them at a dive bar.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
lulz, I've heard of and seen women who do this. They set up such high barriers to entry that when they eventually break down due to loneliness they end up dating the first guy that talks to them at a dive bar.
People that don't work won't bother their gf with "what happened at work" and are probably pretty chilled out, chances out they're not too tired to **** and stuff. That's what I learned from Loulou (by Maurice Pialat), good movie.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
People that don't work won't bother their gf with "what happened at work" and are probably pretty chilled out, chances out they're not too tired to **** and stuff.

That's what I learned from Loulou (by Maurice Pialat), good movie.

laugh.gif

I think it's fine for getting out of a rut and can be fun, I don't blame the women for looking for companionship.

But those same women eventually complain about their man's lack of ambition or drive for anything other than chilling and boning. Most women I know want some kind of stability and know that the guy they're with can provide down the road (babies, family, college tuition funds blah blah blah). Hard to get that from Mr. GED on the couch watching Judge Mathis through the afternoon.

Gutman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
I've noticed the older and more established I become the more unwilling I am to date someone who isn't financially successful.

can you be established if you are old and still single?
smile.gif

i think this is that thing women have about being protected and provided for. hard to feel that way if they are shelling out for the bloke. some of it might be snobbery, and perhaps a little bit of it suspicion of freeloaders. certainly money brings out people's underlying values, and if there are differences in wealth they are likely to be a lot of other differences too. male pride might play a part too - a self-respecting bloke would want to pay his own way, and shun too many expensive treats and outings which the women might regard as normal. money is only one form of success though, what about rich chicks going for blokes successful in other walks of life?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I avoided entanglements with rich girls -- figured I didn't need the hassle trying to maintain the life to which they had become accustomed.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gutman
can you be established if you are old and still single?
smile.gif

i think this is that thing women have about being protected and provided for. hard to feel that way if they are shelling out for the bloke. some of it might be snobbery, and perhaps a little bit of it suspicion of freeloaders. certainly money brings out people's underlying values, and if there are differences in wealth they are likely to be a lot of other differences too. male pride might play a part too - a self-respecting bloke would want to pay his own way, and shun too many expensive treats and outings which the women might regard as normal. money is only one form of success though, what about rich chicks going for blokes successful in other walks of life?

Not so sure about that...I haven't yet become "old". I probably should have said financially established
smile.gif

My thoughts about this issue go out the door if the interaction/relationship is to remain...casual
devil.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I avoided entanglements with rich girls -- figured I didn't need the hassle trying to maintain the life to which they had become accustomed.

+1

I have dated rich girls before and generally have no qualms about dating them again. But if they think I'm going to burn through my net worth keeping them in the lifestyle to which daddy acclimated them, they're mistaken. We'll get there, but I'm not there at 30, and neither are they. I find that most rich girls I've met are surprisingly down to Earth about that.

Obviously there are some who are spoiled rotten, and who have been so financially sheltered that they have no real concept of how income works and what the working world pays, etc. Those are ths ones best avoided. They literally can't grasp how you, in your mid-twenties or early thirties, aren't pulling down a salary commensurate with the entire net worth accumulated by their retired, 60-something parents over the course of a lifetime.

Hayato

Reaction score
I have dated an heiress, and let me tell you guys, long story short, it made me poor as fawk. Expensive tastes and rich girls don't stay rich by spending money.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
I disagree that rich broads only date rich men. Ever hear of Porfirio Rubirosa? I once dated this trust fund chick. I met her while she was riding her horse in Burbank.
laugh.gif
She gave up on me though, because I was way too immature and in her eyes I had no future (huge loser).

Rubirosa was a polo playing, racing driver, diplomats son, so hardly from an average background. Also having a ********* helped him in the gigolo stakes at a time when society women married for status not love.
Porfirio_rub.jpg
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle4050409.ece
gigolo_3.jpg

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infrasonic
Rubirosa was a polo playing, racing driver, diplomats son, so hardly from an average background. Also having a ********* helped him in the gigolo stakes at a time when society women married for status not love.
Porfirio_rub.jpg

Most of that "average background" was afforded to him because of the wealthy women he banged and married. Besides his charm and cock he was an average Joe. He really was subsidized by women his entire life.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the problem with rich/wealthy women: They won't sleep in a tent camping out in Yosemite.

They can stay at 5 star hotels anywhere in the world, so why on earth would they do that? They have a disdain for people who DO that. I can afford a 5 star hotel, but camping at Yosemite (in the outskirts) is something money doesn't buy. It's beautiful in a manner that a 5 star hotel doesn't touch.

So why would I *want* to date such a woman? Her narrow views make her miss out on things. Her loss. I've hung out at some pretty $$$ events... but don't want to date most of those women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads