• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
I have always sent back to Whites for resole but i do order new from Bakers. Do you use Bakers for resole?
Go Bakers. Just got a pair back from being resoled & the work is top notch. Ive had mixed results with White's albeit it has been a while.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always sent back to Whites for resole but i do order new from Bakers. Do you use Bakers for resole?
My boots don’t need a resole.. yet but I was asking specifically to remove midsole from one of my double midsoles boots and I was informed it could be done during a resole but it’s tough to maintain double row stitching during resole.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only White's...the Stevens in Burgundy Horsehide
20230823_164238.jpg
20230823_164145.jpg
20230823_164202.jpg

Louhike

Reaction score
I placed an order for a pair of 9338 lasted 350 Cruisers today. (my first pair of White's) I'm curious if anyone with splayed toes has compared this last to the new Nick's Thurman last?

I haven't seen either one in person, but in the photos I've seen, the Thurman tapers sooner than the 9338, which would result in less toe room on the Nick's...

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I placed an order for a pair of 9338 lasted 350 Cruisers today. (my first pair of White's) I'm curious if anyone with splayed toes has compared this last to the new Nick's Thurman last?

I haven't seen either one in person, but in the photos I've seen, the Thurman tapers sooner than the 9338, which would result in less toe room on the Nick's...
I've investigated both of these and I agree the 9338 looks like the most toe-friendly boot out of all the reputable makers. Thurman seems potentially promising too, though.

Where did you wind up sizing for the 9338 compared to Brannock or other lasts (Trubalance, etc.)?

Louhike

Reaction score
I've investigated both of these and I agree the 9338 looks like the most toe-friendly boot out of all the reputable makers. Thurman seems potentially promising too, though.

Where did you wind up sizing for the 9338 compared to Brannock or other lasts (Trubalance, etc.)?
I sent a fit sheet in, and they recommended 11.5D or 11.5E. I went with the E, since my little toe is always crushed in heritage footwear. My Brannock is 11.5C, but my little toe is the widest part of my foot. So we'll see how it fits...

Scooterputtputt

Reaction score
Love Burgundy HH. I have seen your Alden boots on Facebook. I think you have accumulated fine looking boot collection.
How are your Burgundy HH Bounty Hunters treating you? As I recall there was some grain creasing happening? And being you, some challenging break in with dbl soles. Lol I e the same boots, barely broken in. single soles

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are your Burgundy HH Bounty Hunters treating you? As I recall there was some grain creasing happening? And being you, some challenging break in with dbl soles. Lol I e the same boots, barely broken in. single soles
I ended up buying several more White’s
The Burgundy HH are slightly easy to wear with 79%wool socks from Darn tough (even with double midsoles).
I also found out Saphir products helped.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Shipping from White's to the UK is $125 (!) when it's half the price from Bakershoe. I'd really quite like to order some White Perry moc toes so is there any way I can get around that exorbitant shipping cost?

And here are my Brown Dress MPs after their first saddle soap + bick4:
I love these boots
1693742716875.jpeg

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shipping from White's to the UK is $125 (!) when it's half the price from Bakershoe. I'd really quite like to order some White Perry moc toes so is there any way I can get around that exorbitant shipping cost?

And here are my Brown Dress MPs after their first saddle soap + bick4:
I love these boots
View attachment 2018757
Those brown dress MPs look yummy.
I am pleasantly surprised folks in the UK like PNW boots.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads